ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

First day taking him to work. Rather easy. We had the run of a basically empty farmyard. Not expecting climbing to be as straightforward. 

55659319-5BF8-44D9-91D1-59BB85824E75.thumb.jpeg.48be84178e41eb133ed9ebe69cfef0f3.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Run free little beagle.

Absolutely gutted, I ran over him on the lane up to the yard on Tuesday morning. Rushed him to the vet but he died in my arms on the way.

What a dog. He absolutely stole my heart, beyond any dog before him. even though he belonged to my girlfriend before we met, he became our dog. He was only 7 too. He had years in him. 

I looked back on the security cameras and could see him running along just in front of the front wheel, in my blind spot. Never been so angry at myself. 

Had to bury him alone because my better half is on a sailing trip and uncontactable until she gets closer to land. That's gonna be a hard call to make. She loves him like a child.

If you've got a dog near you while reading this, give them a scratch. We don't deserve them.

20230712_141519.jpg

• Sad 14

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

How very sad! 

Thanks Mick. It sucks.

He used to love sitting on my lap with a paw on the wheel while I drove the farm lanes. Sometimes he'd accidentally hit the horn and startle himself! He had a great life yet had soo much more to give. Larchwood dogs on Instagram if you want to see what a spoiled dog looks like. Think there's a video of him "driving" the old hilux on there too. 

Lil dudes gonna leave a big hole. That's for sure.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dumper said:

I really feel for you, I know how it hurts

Thanks. I can genuinely say ive never felt worse than this last few days. I've made the decision to put older dogs to sleep before and it's horrible but you understand why you're doing it. This time is different. Herself not being here or even contactable during it all added to it.

To top it off, his last act was to bite me out of a mix of fear and pain. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Thanks. I can genuinely say ive never felt worse than this last few days. I've made the decision to put older dogs to sleep before and it's horrible but you understand why you're doing it. This time is different. Herself not being here or even contactable during it all added to it.

To top it off, his last act was to bite me out of a mix of fear and pain. 

I got no words matey . Awful for you all .

• Like 1