New top handle

Gav Green Man

I liked the 150, bit lackluster performance but quite an ok pruning saw, went through two of them then got the echo, revolutionary wee saw! Definitely in the top 5 saws released the past 10-15years, it’s what the 150 should have been. 

got it with the echo carving bar (tes-c) which is a rebadged tsumari I believe 

No problems with it, no retuning, and I don’t look after my saws/do maintenance tbh but do run aspen 

• Like 1

Since I got 2511 all others my toppers sitting in the shed not that I don’t like 150 ,but it’s the shape of 2511 it just sit in the hand very well ,once I reach big diameters I grab 261 so never feel the need of big topper , so I don’t recommend experimenting and just get popular model of well known supported by dealers brand .All those oleomac ,Makita and so on ……. well it’s Rubbish.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

Since I got 2511 all others my toppers sitting in the shed not that I don’t like 150 ,but it’s the shape of 2511 it just sit in the hand very well ,once I reach big diameters I grab 261 so never feel the need of big topper , so I don’t recommend experimenting and just get popular model of well known supported by dealers brand .All those oleomac ,Makita and so on ……. well it’s Rubbish.

It's all they hype of marketing in reality.

The 151tc has the same power as the 2511 and is a better saw yet people still buy the one that people post bull about so it is what it is.

I'll be staying with the Stihl as it suits the job I do and will last longer by far.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Botty Cough said:

It's all they hype of marketing in reality.

The 151tc has the same power as the 2511 and is a better saw yet people still buy the one that people post bull about so it is what it is.

I'll be staying with the Stihl as it suits the job I do and will last longer by far.

You’re thick, that’s clear, but let’s talk about your points.

How many saws that aren’t Stihl or Husky would you find on a pro’s truck 5 years ago? Answer….zero, I wouldn’t have anything outside the big two on my pickup before I saw the 2511 on the internet, and a few very accomplished climbers using them.

Getting this saw in the hands (and trucks) of pro users isn’t a triumph of marketing, because we, as pros, are unmoved by that, it’s a triumph of the engineering dept, who saw a gap, and went for it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

FTR I have one of the first 150’s and it still runs.  How many can say that about the Echo?

I have a second 150 and no drama with that saw either.  Just drill the hole in the exhaust and little retune and it is a ripper.

Yes, I know Joe and Mark will come and comment the Echo is fruitier out of the box.  

IMO, drilling one hole in the exhaust and then having a great saw is better that having a great saw and having to change the Ignition module, exhaust and air filter covers and the idle problems many have had over the years.

As for the electric Makita, it is like carrying a brick about, has next to no power and quite frankly does make you into a Homosensual if you even touch one.  🤪

IMG_8372.thumb.webp.0212ff266396c4327f42932d49a7d254.webp

My last Echo did 4 years of graft. That makes it the best value for money saw I've ever owned. 

Aside from exhaust covers (what topper doesn't get through these) and a handle (user error) its only had consumable parts replaced.

The biggest let down for me is not selling it with the best cutting gear. That's annoying.

The 151 does its job, but the 2511 excells at it.

8 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

I thought I was a decent climber. 

I have obviously been using the wrong parameters for measurement. 🤪

I thought i was pretty good in bed. Other opinions may differ. Turns out I've also been measuring it wrong. 

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You’re thick, that’s clear, but let’s talk about your points.

How many saws that aren’t Stihl or Husky would you find on a pro’s truck 5 years ago? Answer….zero, I wouldn’t have anything outside the big two on my pickup before I saw the 2511 on the internet, and a few very accomplished climbers using them.

Getting this saw in the hands (and trucks) of pro users isn’t a triumph of marketing, because we, as pros, are unmoved by that, it’s a triumph of the engineering dept, who saw a gap, and went for it.

Your first point was particularly well made. The rest i fear is wasted effort. He's like a toddler looking for attention. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3