New top handle

Gav Green Man

35 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

4 years out of a saw.  

I bought my second 150t when I moved to Norway.  That was 7 years ago now.

The one before that was bought brand new/second had from a guy on here for 230 quid.  I had that quite a few years before I moved to Norway.

Both saws are still going strong.

I would argue the first one I bought for the cheap price is a good value for money saw.

That's great Rich, i could've kept my last echo going for a couple more years of i had the inclination, but 4 years out of a topper that gets used hard most weekdays is pretty good imo. Matty gets through one every 3 weeks and still wouldn't buy a 150.

Besides, 4 years with me as a 30- something year old climber is probably more akin to 12 years of your work in your 50s.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Trailoftears said:

I suppose most of us are conservative with a small c,and tend to stick with stuff we know and trust.I've not bought any echo stuff over the Years,but come close a few times.I will say,I have rarely-if ever heard anything bad about them.Most of my stuff is Stihl and I've probably spent say 10 grand on their small engined stuff and (generally) its been pretty good.However,I dislike the way more and more of their brushcutter/big backpack blowers are going 4 stroke-they may well be perfectly fine-but I simply dont want them.If I'm left with no choice of 2 stroke options-then husky/echo will get my business.

The Kombi systems were some of the first to go 4-mix, I believe. My dealer was initially sceptical, when I enquired about them, but now they're commonplace, and I'm more than happy with mine. 

Absolutely-I'm glad the 4 strokers work for you.I just want the CHOICE to be honest.I would say tho,given the stratified newer 2 strokes-they are incredibly more fuel efficient/cleaner-also the mtronic system again is a game changer too-each to their own I say 👍

Absolutely-I'm glad the 4 strokers work for you.I just want the CHOICE to be honest.I would say tho,given the stratified newer 2 strokes-they are incredibly more fuel efficient/cleaner-also the mtronic system again is a game changer too-each to their own I say 👍

Yeh-stihl have gone their own road re: 4 strokes I believe-no sump etc.Which Is interesting to me in that advocates of 4 stroke tech all over the internet forums seem to swoon at being relieved of the (apparently) awful stress of filling a can with 5 litres of petrol after pouring in 100-120ml of decent quality 2 stroke oil....

I did buy a 4 stroke mak petrol handheld blower just for summer use clearing up lawn edges/lanes post strimming etc.What can I say?Its ok,does the job,ok I know its got a BLUE livery 😘,but seriously, the fact that its wee sump only takes 70ml! Of engine oil stresses me more than mixing 2 stroke oil thats for sure!Had a couple of the better stihl 2 stroke av equipped hand-held models-but they constantly ripped out the electrical leads within the handle for fun.

Someone far more knowledgeable than myself might like to start a post on pros and cons of both systems?Would be v.interesting to a lot of us I'm sure.Leaving aside the idiosyncratic stihl system-still mixing fuel/no sump-i.e.is that the best or worst of both Worlds? 🤔

With 4 strokes I'm thinking added weight-sump/valves/springs/more moving parts/more potential for problems-plastic cam lifters etc-so all the 'bad bits' there.On the other hand-more environmentally friendly/quieter/more durable/more torque and so on.

11 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

Yes. You kept up your bullshit until you were proven wrong.

No point replying to any more of your posts. I'm already thicker for the experience. 

Ideal I won't have to 😂😂😂