New top handle

Gav Green Man

Exactly , not even a modded 151 can touch a standard 2511 in the cut by a fair distance… it’s not a bad saw but it’s not workable saw you can use for felling , just a nice reduction saw where as I would actually use the 2511 for felling and rigging work on most trees. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe Newton said:

My last Echo did 4 years of graft. That makes it the best value for money saw I've ever owned. 

Aside from exhaust covers (what topper doesn't get through these) and a handle (user error) its only had consumable parts replaced.

4 years out of a saw.  

I bought my second 150t when I moved to Norway.  That was 7 years ago now.

The one before that was bought brand new/second had from a guy on here for 230 quid.  I had that quite a few years before I moved to Norway.

Both saws are still going strong.

I would argue the first one I bought for the cheap price is a good value for money saw.

44 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I thought about buying an Echo to make me a better climber but it's too late as @Rich Rule says I've been turned homosensual by touching makitas.

Done a search, nearly as many 151/2511 threads as 261/550. Plenty of videos, this one shows the 151 improved 35% by the exhaust mod and just behind the 2511

As Matt says, that speaks volumes.

Don’t worry about the homo thing mate, I’ve got loads of Makita kit as well.

I’m trisexual.

• Haha 1

If only the O.P. had known what an absolute furore would ensue from a casual enquiry about a cheap top handled saw! We've whipped our k.scales out,mocked tasteless carpet designs,insinuated blue livery guys have sexual issues etc.YOU gotta love forums like this-keep it UP folks-ooer missus💅

• Like 1
  • Haha 5