HMRC punitively changing 4 door pickup rules

difflock

I think double cab pick up drivers and owners are witches .

These were traditionally burned at the stake or drowned in the village pond.

To me this seems like the best option for such vehicles as there about as much use as a wet hedgehog that's been run over multiple times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Botty Cough said:

I think double cab pick up drivers and owners are witches .

These were traditionally burned at the stake or drowned in the village pond.

To me this seems like the best option for such vehicles as there about as much use as a wet hedgehog that's been run over multiple times.

Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble, I heartily disagree!

Depends what you want from one as to how much use it is. When I got my dble cab l200 (as personal vehicle) it was the only thing that really met my needs.

First thing I did was remove the back seats and build in their place a "dog palace" meaning I could take multiple dogs at a time for longer periods beside me in the cab, safely and in comfort. Any tools and fuel can go separately in the back, I can tow whatever, and go off road (which I do regularly). It even pulls the gang mowers at the paddock.

Had it 8 or 9 yrs now, still fulfills the purpose perfectly and I've never cast a hex on anyone!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble, I heartily disagree!

Depends what you want from one as to how much use it is. When I got my dble cab l200 (as personal vehicle) it was the only thing that really met my needs.

First thing I did was remove the back seats and build in their place a "dog palace" meaning I could take multiple dogs at a time for longer periods beside me in the cab, safely and in comfort. Any tools and fuel can go separately in the back, I can tow whatever, and go off road (which I do regularly). It even pulls the gang mowers at the paddock.

Had it 8 or 9 yrs now, still fulfills the purpose perfectly and I've never cast a hex on anyone!

A range rover will do all of that and has far more class being the executioner of all witches.

• Haha 1

On 15/02/2024 at 08:55, sime42 said:

Half the people, the posers, that drive pickups don't need the off-road capability anyway. A van would surely be more practical in those cases.

Too be fair marra, I don’t know why you would give a Duck  about about that sort of stuff🤮🤮 is it actually effecting you in anyway ( apart from pushing you on the muddy verge with your 4x4 👌 ). Maybe they fancied a 4x4 because they’ve worked  like a dog for multiple years with constant well earned money drip fed to the TaxVAt man. “ I am apart of half them people making clever Ducks like you , pull the duck over”😜😜😜

yours faithfully 

Gary lineker

2 hours ago, swinny said:

What about company owners / sole traders who use the pickups as a 2nd vehicle to tow to site and for support vehicle? What's the crack then?

I think it's got more complicated. As far as I know if you have a commercial vehicle only for "business use" then you simply put all expenses through the business. That would still be easy for a van or truck, but no longer for a double cab pickup.

When you get into cars there's a whole load of rules, tax all depends on CO2 rate, i think it becomes a consult your accountant but you have to pay tax on any element of private use.

Seems like if you could change it to 2 seat pickup then becomes commercial again so easier. Another reason to stick to my 110 hardtop as it's a van.

19 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I think it's got more complicated. As far as I know if you have a commercial vehicle only for "business use" then you simply put all expenses through the business. That would still be easy for a van or truck, but no longer for a double cab pickup.

When you get into cars there's a whole load of rules, tax all depends on CO2 rate, i think it becomes a consult your accountant but you have to pay tax on any element of private use.

Seems like if you could change it to 2 seat pickup then becomes commercial again so easier. Another reason to stick to my 110 hardtop as it's a van.

Endless reasons for a dc 4x4..... 

Where I live in winter and where yards is I wouldn't be able to access it. What about site jobs where we go with the dc 4x4 and 3 lads towing tracked chipper? Surely it's just new vehicles registered from a certain date? 

39 minutes ago, swinny said:

Surely it's just new vehicles registered from a certain date? 

New vehicle ordered after July 1st 2024. Will become applicable to all from 2028 so you've got 4 years on existing truck.

Bit of a guess what happens to pickup values in 2028, maybe a lot of business pickups get sold.

• Sad 1