Topical

Decro

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Absolutely Mick.

Someone being diagnosed with cancer isn’t comedy though, whoever they are.

We’ll agree to differ.

The laugh (for me at least) was not that he has cancer, but the euphemism used by the doctor to deliver the news.

Black humour and all that.

Either way William will almost certainly get longer at the crease than his old man.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Britain's foremost psychic, Craig Hamilton Parker, predicted Charles reign would be short. This was several years back, before Elizabeth passed away.

Crikey, Nostradamus knocked it out of the park there.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Britain's foremost psychic, Craig Hamilton Parker, predicted Charles reign would be short. This was several years back, before Elizabeth passed away.

Not a surprise, when Elizabeth was still going strong - several years back - I could have predicted she'd live till her 90's, and them predicted that Charles wouldn't get the job till well into retirement age and getting on towards average UK life expectancy. Not hard to predict that his reign won't be a long one. I'd have said a few years ago that 10 or 15 years which isn't that long for a monarch really. William will be monarch for 30 to 40 years, so will his boy afterward. No psychic abilities to predict that just maths.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steven P said:

Not a surprise, when Elizabeth was still going strong - several years back - I could have predicted she'd live till her 90's, and them predicted that Charles wouldn't get the job till well into retirement age and getting on towards average UK life expectancy. Not hard to predict that his reign won't be a long one. I'd have said a few years ago that 10 or 15 years which isn't that long for a monarch really. William will be monarch for 30 to 40 years, so will his boy afterward. No psychic abilities to predict that just maths.

IIRC he said like really short, a couple of years only. 

12 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Absolutely Mick.

Someone being diagnosed with cancer isn’t comedy though, whoever they are.

Young lad at work tried making a joke about it all yesterday, including other types of cancer and this was in front of the boss( just been through a rare type of breast cancer, and he's the inlaw) The boss didn't say a word, but wasn't best pleased and walked off. As he's that sort of bloke. What makes it worse the lad's partners mother has stage 4 breast cancer. All I can say it struck a nerve with me and he nearly ended up with the breaker bar wrapped round his head. He tried justifying his words with some shitty argument, but it didn't cut it. He's a very clever lad, but numb as

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gand said:

Young lad at work tried making a joke about it all yesterday, including other types of cancer and this was in front of the boss( just been through a rare type of breast cancer, and he's the inlaw) The boss didn't say a word, but wasn't best pleased and walked off. As he's that sort of bloke. What makes it worse the lad's partners mother has stage 4 breast cancer. All I can say it struck a nerve with me and he nearly ended up with the breaker bar wrapped round his head. He tried justifying his words with some shitty argument, but it didn't cut it. He's a very clever lad, but numb as

Take him for lunch, away from the melting pot of the workplace and have a fatherly word about it. It could be quite a

formative experience for him and nobody need lose any teeth. 

• Like 1