Shocked at the chemists!!!

PeteB

4 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

You shouldn’t get ibruprofen on prescription.

The bastards still claim it at £9.65, but you get a pack at a supermarket for 40p.

It costs the nhs, and therefore us millions, probably tens of millions, actually I bet it's into the hundreds a year for drugs that cost feck all.

I would like to say that prescriptions should not be free as it would save at least a squillion pounds a year on wasters that only go to the docs for a day out and a gab but you will get those that really need medical care but can't afford to pay for it which outweighs the scroungers.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

You can but not 400mg me thinks mate .

It’s simple maths like Mick said.

Look into it mate, this is exactly why the NHS is so f’d up.

Someone supplying drugs to the NHS is making £9.65 - 40p (ok, 80p for 400mg).

Talk to your doctor about it.

If they don’t agree PM me.

6 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

It’s simple maths like Mick said.

Look into it mate, this is exactly why the NHS is so f’d up.

Someone supplying drugs to the NHS is making £9.65 - 40p (ok, 80p for 400mg).

Talk to your doctor about it.

If they don’t agree PM me.

Ok I get it Mark . When you get to my age and you have been paying your dues all your life you kinda think you are entitled to some free shit but I get what you mean . ( its a box of 84 400mg tablets manufactured by EB Bristol ) .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mesterh said:

It costs the nhs, and therefore us millions, probably tens of millions, actually I bet it's into the hundreds a year for drugs that cost feck all.

I would like to say that prescriptions should not be free as it would save at least a squillion pounds a year on wasters that only go to the docs for a day out and a gab but you will get those that really need medical care but can't afford to pay for it which outweighs the scroungers.

It actually costs Wales £630,000,000.  England’s population twenty times wales; so on this basis it would cost £12,000,000,000.

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

Ok I get it Mark . When you get to my age and you have been paying your dues all your life you kinda think you are entitled to some free shit but I get what you mean . ( its a box of 84 400mg tablets manufactured by EB Bristol ) .

Is the £9.65 the cost for each item on the prescription or does it cover the whole prescription?

Last time i was in a pharmacy the lad brought out the prescription and quietly asked what my exemption was. I didn't understand so he showed me the list and then i had to explain that i pay for my prescriptions. He seemed genuinely surprised. 

It was a busy day in the pharmacy and i hadn't seen a single person before me pay.

• Like 1