Second hand value on 572/62

Donnie

Husky is 2 years domestic but really who's to know what you use it for and if you're friendly with the dealer then does it really matter? 

I like the 3 Series as I'm not keen on the autotune on the 5s, neither are the boys I work with as they're having a lot of bother. 

Over my years i know of several 'friendly' dealers who have been audited periodically (yes, this happens) for warranty claims and pushed through non genuine claims for domestic machines being used professionally who have lost their dealership status.

One example I recall, was Hayter. A dealer from london put a claim in for a lnew gearbox on a large mower they sold. It Was registered as domestic use at the address......thus 2 year warranty should apply. The mower was 14 months old. They were concerned as this dealer had put in several large claims (all possibly genuine faults)so they decided to look into this latest claim.  When the looked at the address on google maps, they could see it barely had a garden worthy of a flymo let alone a big 22" harrier 56. They then looked at street view, and parked outside was a garden maintenance van. They concluded it was out of any warranty being used professionally, so they rejected the claim and terminated the dealers account. 

1 hour ago, Crocky said:

ebays the best place to see what price to sell them for. just look at sold listings. some used saws are doing daft money.

I can supply new 3 series saws if you're interested. 

I've been messaging you on Insta anyways. 😂😂😂 

4 hours ago, 5thelement said:

What’s your reasoning for the 372 over the 572, are you looking to port/mod it? 
I’ve owned and used both for years, I would choose a stock 572 all day long.

I'll be buying Crocky's ported 372 for my next felling saw, I just don't see the point in having more than 3 saws. 

Got 562, 72 and 85. 
372 seems to be renowned for being a hardy work horse and my 572 has already detonated once and probably will again. I'll put the first blow up down to me being new to the game though... 

ideally like to have a 72 ported and modded up and a stock 395 from Crocky within the next year for sure. Bit too close to Christmas for chucking money about that's all 😂

• Like 2