Eurovision Song Contest.

Mick Dempsey

Was 'hijacked' as a showcase for a different take on life, and as a result has just turned into race to the bottom of who can be the most outlandish and freakiest. Nothing to do with music (yes, it did used to be...albeit a bit cheesy) and all to do with politics and the 'message'

Loved it in the days of Wogan taking the rise out of it with his commentary, but not watched it since his demise.

• Like 2

Always think Graham Norton has a similar style to Wogan.

Watched most of it last night, think the best of the evening was abba at the end, only spoiled by the handful of current singers paying homage. I'd rather see Agnetha uninterrupted in all her glory.

21 hours ago, Steven P said:

Assaulting a member of the production crew or something like that

As I understand it, it was more 'hurty words' to someone of a sensitive disposition who didn't like being told to eff off after the artiste said after numerous times they didn't want to be filmed at that time back stage. Hurty words trumps a lot of things nowadays. Just look at Scotlands new law. Which is quite ironic considering the constant appalling use of the f and c words by the 'younger' generation in public places . In fact the use of the f word in front of women and juveniles by adults isnt seen as taboo now.

I, however disagree 

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, peds said:

Tell you what, I'm finding it hard to choose my least-favourite entry so far. Strong competition. 

I think I know what constitutes their favourite 'entry' nowadays

• Like 1
  • Haha 1