Sherpa 100

Excels1or

Looking at our next large purchase to make life easier and we're looking at buying a Sherpa 100. Admittedly we won't be able to use it on all jobs, but the ones we do use it on will hopefully speed the process up.

Has anyone else got one, if so, how often are you using it within a typical month?

As Tim says, there’s a great thread in large equipment ‘Opico Skidster and Sherpa mini loaders’.

I got a Worky Quad last year as well.

On the right job it’s a game changer.

Like Tim, I wish it came out more often, but if it comes out once a month it pays for itself.

DC71637C-B782-4D94-99A3-E96771F1036C.jpeg

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what small loader it is it will make life easier. I run a Tobrobco Giant 204 it is a game changer on large trees when clearing away timber, getting chipper into gardens and moving it about.

Handy bit of kit around yard moving stuff about, my can be out all week moving timber or brash, boring fence post holes, or it can sit  in shed all week when a small jobs, you will not think twice about getting one if you demo one. 

• Like 3

I love my Sherpa 100. There are a couple nearly new on FB currently with attachments. They've been up a while so clearly they need to drop the price- get over there and haggle!

The yellow one has electric start and slightly more pushing power (Sherpa 100 Smal). The red one is the basic model (Sherpa 100 Agri)

As stated above, whatever model loader you buy, it doesn't need to be out more than one 'right' job a month to more than pay for having it sitting there on finance.

One thing I have noticed though, is that those of us who rave about them buy the lower end models (100, as you are considering) and just treat it as a lift and shift labour saver. Those who spend £25-30k on a larger model with some attachments like stump grinders are often underwhelmed- and little wonder, because the performance will never match a larger Avant or MultiOne. The higher HP models are also wider- so what's the point if you can't get it into tight jobs?

On the subject of width- get it with wide tyres and narrow tyres. You will use the narrow tyres much less than you might think, but they still come in handy.

Here's the definitive thread- some light Sunday reading for you (with pics!) It's an entertaining read- it only started in 2019, and since then it's eye opening how many have jumped on the bandwagon. It pottered along over a few pages until I revived it at the end of 2019 (yes, I'm claiming credit) and then it's off to the races! You'll see me (and others) start with skepticism before becoming curious, enlightened and then finally evangelical bordering upon fanatical. 🤣

Edited by doobin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I haven't gone for a loader but I am pretty evangelical about my muck truck, if you are wanting some mechanical help but loader too steep at 10-15k this was about 2.5 with platform for rings.

As an example I moved this poplar stem on my own in a couple of hours without breaking sweat, yes you still have to ring up and lift them but it's easy work compared to pushing one or two at a time in a barrow.

Don't have a picture just now but I have plywood greedy boards on the bin so chip into it with mini chipper, or fork up hedge trimmings or sawdust into it, so I take it out on nearly all jobs.

1455127605_IMG_20211019_0954072.thumb.jpg.6fefa3f26a1e79362566483566f865ce.jpgIMG_20211016_113611.thumb.jpg.86290c0b0dba252c1c906f9afb3c1194.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I haven't gone for a loader but I am pretty evangelical about my muck truck, if you are wanting some mechanical help but loader too steep at 10-15k this was about 2.5 with platform for rings.

As an example I moved this poplar stem on my own in a couple of hours without breaking sweat, yes you still have to ring up and lift them but it's easy work compared to pushing one or two at a time in a barrow.

Don't have a picture just now but I have plywood greedy boards on the bin so chip into it with mini chipper, or fork up hedge trimmings or sawdust into it, so I take it out on nearly all jobs.

1455127605_IMG_20211019_0954072.thumb.jpg.6fefa3f26a1e79362566483566f865ce.jpgIMG_20211016_113611.thumb.jpg.86290c0b0dba252c1c906f9afb3c1194.jpg

Muck truck was my first machine apart from the digger really, still very useful, been out lots the last month👍👍

20230430_135428.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, william127 said:

Muck truck was my first machine apart from the digger really, still very useful, been out lots the last month👍👍

20230430_135428.jpg

Same, I remember what a revelation it was to be able to move the muck! 🤣 mine came out last week for the first time in probably two years 

• Haha 1