When it isn’t funny…

eggsarascal

19 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Hope you heal fast eggs, just out of curiosity what bike was it ??. There’s a lot of good senior riders out there still but you certainly don’t bounce as well as when you were young for sure. I find a modern 450 to be far more of a handful than the old open class 2 strokes but that could well be an age thing too🤔

It’s a 1996 CR 500 that was a minter until I got on/off it…

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Well I guess if you are gonna go on one  it may as well be of our era, short shift and let it torque its way around etc. Bike in pic belongs to a mate I’ve made noises a few times to buy it but they just keep going up and up particularly the evo class eligible tools. 

6DFFF841-4B55-4454-BDE5-33FFAF35263B.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

They don't hang about, badly bashed ?

Was always told that if you don't come off a dirt bike from time to time you're not trying hard enough 🙄 not that that's any consolation ..I have distant memories of a similar kneecap, hope you heal quick👍

5 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

At least you did it in style, a proper legend of a crosser.

I've threatened to get another crosser for the last twenty or so years but I know I'm not sixteen anymore blasting about on my yz125. :(

I hope you heal quickly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

At least you did it in style, a proper legend of a crosser.

I've threatened to get another crosser for the last twenty or so years but I know I'm not sixteen anymore blasting about on my yz125. :(

It's something I wish I had done but a young family and being slef employed meant I didn't get the experience, I think it would have benefitted my road riding.

As it is I just potter about when the weather is good.

16 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I hope you heal quickly

Yes Eggs but healing takes longer the older you get.

• Like 1

Hope you heal quick eggs … ffs though the CR500 is the death machine of legends .. my mates dad bump started his when we were teenagers and the thing straight out flipped and broke his nose on the handle bar.. us on our 125’s and kx80’s thought the was legend so hope you had some younguns watching. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Well I guess if you are gonna go on one  it may as well be of our era, short shift and let it torque its way around etc. Bike in pic belongs to a mate I’ve made noises a few times to buy it but they just keep going up and up particularly the evo class eligible tools. 

6DFFF841-4B55-4454-BDE5-33FFAF35263B.png

It’s going to cost a small fortune to put the bike back together, I didn’t realise that bike is worth 10-12k and I’ve properly bent it. The lad who owns it came over last night, still laughing, tw@t! 

• 3 weeks later...