Anyone know the Timberwolf 13/75 chipper?

Ren

53 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Engine now replaced. 

I'll sell it this Summer to finance a new sceptic tank, exchange one shit thing for another...

Re-read previous post. Previous crisis. Not a new one. Got it. 

Ok, so i own a pristine immaculate 13/75 and I can tell you that the hire shop are full of shit..

Now, leaving aside the fact that the makers tell you not to feed it "green waste" the thing will gobble down anything less than 3" diameter that you can get in it..

The pictures of the stuff "your" machine is putting out, clearly show that it is not right..

The makers tell you that the machine has to be running at full speed while in use, and i would say that this is the problem.

If the throttle control does not work, then the thing is obviously faulty..

The thing IS a pain to feed sometimes, as anything with a fork of any size in it will jam in the chute, BUT, apart from that, it makes no difference if what you feed in is the diameter of a matchstick or 2" diameter, the machine will pull it in and munch it up in a big way..

john..

2 hours ago, john87 said:

Ok, so i own a pristine immaculate 13/75 and I can tell you that the hire shop are full of shit..

Now, leaving aside the fact that the makers tell you not to feed it "green waste" the thing will gobble down anything less than 3" diameter that you can get in it..

The pictures of the stuff "your" machine is putting out, clearly show that it is not right..

The makers tell you that the machine has to be running at full speed while in use, and i would say that this is the problem.

If the throttle control does not work, then the thing is obviously faulty..

The thing IS a pain to feed sometimes, as anything with a fork of any size in it will jam in the chute, BUT, apart from that, it makes no difference if what you feed in is the diameter of a matchstick or 2" diameter, the machine will pull it in and munch it up in a big way..

john..

Just look at the pictures of the blades the problem is anvil gap and sharpness whatever the engine speed it snot going to work if it’s not sharp

• Like 1

Thanks folks. It seems there are various factors driving the shitness. Hireshop guys said they’d come and look at the material I’m trying to process, as they think I’m using the wrong stuff… but never showed.

Timberwolf themselves have looked at the same pictures I posted here and concluded the same things as you guys.

It’s a cheap and cheerful shop - 13/75 is £70 for a week including delivery - they’re friendly people too, and they seem to genuinely believe what they’re telling me! The other stuff I’ve rented has been fine…. all very strange. I’ll just chalk this one up on the experience board in my sceptic tank.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dumper said:

Just look at the pictures of the blades the problem is anvil gap and sharpness whatever the engine speed it snot going to work if it’s not sharp

To be honest, looking at the blades they look to have been sharpened wrongly.. They are supposed to be hollow ground, the blade in the picture does not?? That would make a huge difference i would think..

john..