Value my 880?

Daniël Bos

I'm selling my 880, but in the Netherlands and was just wondering what the congregation reckons it's worth if I sold her in Britland?

Bought new in 2013

Very little use.

Never run on petrol, Aspen only.

Runs excellent.

Comes with 4ft sugi, two chains (50 and 75% left), nose sprocket change jig tool thingie.

Just to clarify, I'm after opinions not offers.

DSC_0846.JPG

DSC_0844.JPG

DSC_0843.JPG

DSC_0841.JPG

DSC_0839.JPG

DSC_0840.JPG

I've not used one, but I believe people think they are not as good/powerful as the 088 (which I have) or the 881.  Realistically you don't 'need' a 120cc saw for 90% of European work - just cutting down the odd stump or chainsaw milling.  So you need buyers active in those two activities or be prepared to ship it. Not sure there are big enough trees in the Netherlands?

You bar looks like it has had a lot of use and enough to replace the tip.  Maybe sell the bar and the chains separately?  A lot of people just want to mill with a lighter 3 ft bar.

Assuming everything is tip top and you are prepared to share a photo of the piston, I'm going to guess £975 for the saw alone.  Just my opinion and there are a few examples on ebay for around that price.

I think £700- £800 mark.

Anything more is a bit punchy. It's not rare, it's ten years old, it's an obsolete model, it may be clean for one of these, but still been used professionally so done some hours. I just don't see it more than that. Currently two on UK ebay....both on for £1100 buy it nows, which haven't sold, and one of those you can make an offer on, and still hasn't sold. Both been on for some time. Then there's this one on a buy it now for £950...again not sold and been on for some time:

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

<p>Sthil MS880 Chainsaw Heavy-Duty stihl ms 880 Chainsaw in excellent condition. </p><p>Well...

Best guide is to watch a listing for one listed as an auction listing to get a better idea of worth...when one comes up in that format

Edited by pleasant

Got to be worth a grand just for the saw I dont get this it aint as powerfull but hey,I have an 880 with only 5/6 hrs use on it got as a replacement after we were burgled and there is no way I would let it go for under a grand but thats what I think other people will think different but they aint perfect like me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1