Help a Luddite help a friend

eggsarascal

and if you do find it, don't disable it, keep it at yours or where a handy friend might live - a risky option of course, or let is live in a few friends houses for a day or so, move on a few times, and then stash it away.. in the dog kennel.... no somewhere like an empty industrial unit (so there is no 1 place where it has been, no obvious home)

10 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Local AA man might be funnier, bloke turns up to some remote breakdown expecting a fun time and find a bloke fumbling under the bonnet.

I was driving to a fairly out the way Tilhill woodland in the dark one Saturday evening to walk the dogs, single track road for a few miles from the main road. A car in a layby near to the junction pulled out behind me and followed to the forest car park which seemed strange, had me on edge when it parked opposite so I jumped out confidently and let the dogs out in a show of force (had 3, one a German shepherd). A lone, older guy got out at the same time and said "you brought dogs?". I replied of course, couldn't walk them otherwise could I! He said no more and left, quickly, looking very awkward.

Only realised what had happened when I told a mate who explained that car park had a reputation for nocturnal activity among gentleman.

If eggs finds this airtag, feel free to send it up north to me to give whoever is playing a game the runaround.

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

I was driving to a fairly out the way Tilhill woodland in the dark one Saturday evening to walk the dogs, single track road for a few miles from the main road. A car in a layby near to the junction pulled out behind me and followed to the forest car park which seemed strange, had me on edge when it parked opposite so I jumped out confidently and let the dogs out in a show of force (had 3, one a German shepherd). A lone, older guy got out at the same time and said "you brought dogs?". I replied of course, couldn't walk them otherwise could I! He said no more and left, quickly, looking very awkward.

Only realised what had happened when I told a mate who explained that car park had a reputation for nocturnal activity among gentleman.

:laugh1:

Can't go dogging without dogs!!

I had the late night layby (in the borders funnily enough!), with someone flashing their lights at me, I took it as a compliment :001_wub:

A good place for the tracker would be stuffed down the back of a seat on the glasgow subway, plenty of phones to leach off, and spends all day going round in a circle

Edited by scbk
  • Haha 2

Years ago me and a mate heard about a local dogging site...never been to one before, so one night after the pub kicked out we thought we would have a drive down, park up and watch some action. We arrived, and to check we had gone to the right place I turned the interior light on so I could read the address I had on a piece of paper....within 2 minutes my car was surrounded by four or five blokes peering in. Apparently turning the interior light on is a signal to doggers to come over and I later found out it was a gay haunt, so they naturally assumed me and my mate were going to put a show on for them!

• Haha 4