What make/type of gloves do you wear ,working in your wood yard?

cessna

For winter, thermal builders type gloves, you can usually get a bag of 12 for a decent enough price on ebay i.e.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

12 PAIRs HI VIZ THERMAL WINTER BUILDERS LATEX. GLOVES GARDENING NEW. • Textured latex palm dip. 12 Pairs for only 16.49 GBP. available in size Conform to EN 388.

They're not great for use with wooden hand tools like a sappie/pickaroon (is any glove though)

If the weather's really miserable then a set of surgical gloves underneath helps

Never been a glove wearer for the simple reason that I never tried any that I was happy wearing.

Then a friend gave me a pair of these

which being a hard as nails farmer I totally ignored until one day I was knocking down concrete mangers and my hands were struggling with both the cold and abrasion and I decided to put them on out of desperation.

I was mighty impressed with them as they are warm, light, comfortable and useable for all but the most precise of tasks.

I now find myself using them much more often than I ever thought I would.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

I have for years used these gloves from Screwfix or Toolstation and the great thing is they are washable.  But they do quite quickly lose their grip - they are cheap and cheerful to be honest rather than good.  Also no good in the wet.

WWW.TOOLSTATION.COM

Clear PVC criss-cross pattern for extra grip. Conforms to EN420, EN388.

The gloves with latex don't seem to wash successfully - anyone suggest good washable gloves?

10 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

Never been a glove wearer for the simple reason that I never tried any that I was happy wearing.

Then a friend gave me a pair of these

which being a hard as nails farmer I totally ignored until one day I was knocking down concrete mangers and my hands were struggling with both the cold and abrasion and I decided to put them on out of desperation.

I was mighty impressed with them as they are warm, light, comfortable and useable for all but the most precise of tasks.

I now find myself using them much more often than I ever thought I would.

Highly recommended.

Where can you actually buy these gloves?  The link is to a website giving full details but no purchase option.

9 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

No idea, they were given to me by a mate and they were standard supply at his work.

Mine are eventually getting pretty worn, I'll be gutted if I can't find them anywhere and he has since changed jobs.

WWW.WORKGLOVES.CO.UK

Stay warm with the Towa PowerGrab Thermo Thermal Orange 335 Gloves, available for Â4.99 per pair. Fully coated and seamless, the gloves are ideal for building work, maintenance...

• Thanks 1