Help in return for firewood.

Thomas younger

1 hour ago, Thomas younger said:

100% thank you very much, don't get the point of being on here if it's not too find sustainable solutions.

I offered you two sustainable solutions. 

1, Buy unprocessed logs in and split til your hearts content. By far the most economical solution (dying grannies aside)

2, I’ll take you up on your offer. You come cut and split my logs and I’ll give you some in return. That is what you’re asking for, right? 

I don’t see anyone else offering you anything else other than pats on the back. 🤷‍♂️You’ll need a lot of them to warm the house. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I does not hurt to see things from a different perspective. 

The irony in this sentence is resounding. 

3 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Spud use your positive attitude to encourage others, not to explain yourself.  The good ones are watching and appreciating you.

0A994D65-2977-4622-BF4B-7B73EB8899F6.jpeg

I've heard a similar analogy about competing in the special Olympics.

It's not as PC as yours though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

2, I’ll take you up on your offer. You come cut and split my logs and I’ll give you some in return. That is what you’re asking for, right? 

And Google says 208 miles and 4hrs 16mins travel time - makes the pat on the back a nicer sentiment!

I think an offer more local to Bishop Auckland is being asked for but would love it if he was a truck driver doing local trips to Angus!

• Haha 1

Just now, spudulike said:

And Google says 208 miles and 4hrs 16mins travel time - makes the pat on the back a nicer sentiment!

I think an offer more local to Bishop Auckland is being asked for but would love it if he was a truck driver doing local trips to Angus!

Im sure I could find a little old Grannie who’s dying from the cold that would love some of his altruism. Hell, I’ll even throw all the logs for this successful businessman who’s family is desperately cold and Granny. Winner winner chicken dinner. 

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Resounding or astounding? 

Frankly it's at lot of things.

Is mostly sad though. Your constant need to put people down for your own validation is frankly pathetic.

I'm not alone in thinking that yourself and others like you are to the detriment of this forum.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Joe Newton said:

Frankly it's at lot of things.

Is mostly sad though. Your constant need to put people down for your own validation is frankly pathetic.

I'm not alone in thinking that yourself and others like you are to the detriment of this forum.

I’m going to go cry into my pillow now. 

I have gone on a facebook page offering free wood and made a few contacts. I turn up with an 8x4 trailer at the time they say and the guys load me up with timber any size that two men can lift. I have made a few good contacts and now they call me and do not use the facebook page as they are fed up with their phone going ping and people turning up with little cars and asking for smaller pieces. My log store is nearly full and I contacted a couple of local guys that were also looking for wood but either did not have time due to work or had just moved to a place with a burner and no dry wood. They have come and helped me cut and split a load and i offered to either pay them cash in hand or some dry firewood. They have both taken wood on 4 or 5 occasions and never asked for cash  even though offered at a fair rate. If it works for both parties then it is a good deal

• Like 6

Let's all form a circle around the fire and sing kumbaya shall we.

I just smell a certain amount of BS about Thomas, if he wanted pat's on the back fine both myself and Andy did as much.

But asking for help here vs something that should be local, word of mouth or even your local church group seems odd after proclaiming barter is alive and well locally.