Past it???

Ben10

32 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Thanks for the responses….

Not sure I’ve got the kind of cash needed for cherry pickers etc, but what I have got is time. I thought about starting something alongside my other job. I do 5 on, 5 off so hopefully it would fit in. 
With stump grinding would you go for a tracked one and bigger jobs or something a lot smaller?

A lot of firms use freelance here and there so could easily work. 

A tracked grinder is the way to go really, hydraulic takes the manual work out which you'll need if you are going to run it days at a time.

49 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Thanks for the responses….

Not sure I’ve got the kind of cash needed for cherry pickers etc, but what I have got is time. I thought about starting something alongside my other job. I do 5 on, 5 off so hopefully it would fit in. 
With stump grinding would you go for a tracked one and bigger jobs or something a lot smaller?

Have you got any tickets yet? If your thinking of stump grinding it’s useful to have a saw to reduce stumps where you can to minimise grinding. Same with a mewp - ideally you need the necessary saw tickets to provide a full service. The advantage of a mewp is you can provide a service to others - gutter cleaning, chimneys, roof inspections etc, but you’ll need a 3.5 ton tow vehicle ideally if going for a 18 mtr tracked mewp. Have you spoken to any local arbs? What about finding out if your cut out for it before you jump🤔 and try a few weekends/ hols.

6 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Of course there is. I didn't say it was easy just that a lot of the worst graft can be avoided, eg I don't hump timber out of gardens any more now I have a power barrow.

We will all still push barrows, load skips, and pull our bollox off to get a living, loaders don’t always go where we need them. At 45, and educated, I’d give it a miss if I had my time again. But I’m sure I’m the argumentative one.

• Like 1