Are Honda stopping production of mowers?

ChrisNewport

Ive had a new Honda mower on order most of this year, keep getting the told that Covid has caused delays, war in Ukraine is stopping delivery when i call in to ask where it is. Wasnt to fussed about it not arriving this year as the one im using is still mowing but needs replacing but now im hearing Honda are stopping production of all walk behind mowers next year.

By conicidence, I have received this email this morning. Hopefully it will clarify things:

Dear Dealer Principal,

We wanted to make you aware that there are some press articles circulating about Honda’s production facility in North Carolina in the US, and its plans to discontinue production of petrol lawn mowers from September 2023. This is correct and the decision was driven by stricter environmental regulations and changing customer preferences in the US market.

You may remember at dealer conference it was presented that all pedestrian mower production for Europe has now transferred to our facility in Orleans, France.  This gives Honda in Europe independence and European markets won’t therefore be impacted by the change in the US market.  Honda remains committed to the production of the entire range of petrol mowers for Europe.

If you receive any questions from customers, please use this position on a reactive basis.

Thank you for your continuing support for our Honda Power Products business.

Kind regards

Stephen Morris

Head of Power Products

• Like 3

You could try a mountfied with the honda engine as a cheaper stop gap.

Obviously prob not the same quality but  I have heard the new hondas aren't as good as the old ones were anyway.

Hope the still will carry on  making the engines as they seem better than the B&S ones...

Edited by Stere

On 02/11/2022 at 08:54, pleasant said:

By conicidence, I have received this email this morning. Hopefully it will clarify things:

Dear Dealer Principal,

We wanted to make you aware that there are some press articles circulating about Honda’s production facility in North Carolina in the US, and its plans to discontinue production of petrol lawn mowers from September 2023. This is correct and the decision was driven by stricter environmental regulations and changing customer preferences in the US market.

You may remember at dealer conference it was presented that all pedestrian mower production for Europe has now transferred to our facility in Orleans, France.  This gives Honda in Europe independence and European markets won’t therefore be impacted by the change in the US market.  Honda remains committed to the production of the entire range of petrol mowers for Europe.

If you receive any questions from customers, please use this position on a reactive basis.

Thank you for your continuing support for our Honda Power Products business.

Kind regards

Stephen Morris

Head of Power Products

So they are still making them for the European market by the sounds of it. 

On 02/11/2022 at 09:01, Stere said:

You could try a mountfied with the honda engine as a cheaper stop gap.

Obviously prob not the same quality but  I have heard the new hondas aren't as good as the old ones were anyway.

Hope the still will carry on  making the engines as they seem better than the B&S ones...

I saw a thing on the internet that claimed honda mowers were complete crap.. Watch this and make up your own mind..

8 hours ago, john87 said:

I saw a thing on the internet that claimed honda mowers were complete crap.. Watch this and make up your own mind..

Not watched the vid but my limited expedience of Honda mowers in the past is that the engines were good but the drive system was over complicated and weak . A Hyter with a Honda engine was a better bet . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

Not watched the vid but my limited expedience of Honda mowers in the past is that the engines were good but the drive system was over complicated and weak . A Hyter with a Honda engine was a better bet . 

Hayter decks cracked for fun and wouldnt collect for toffee in my experience.

Lawnflite/Kaaz all the way.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, doobin said:

Hayter decks cracked for fun and wouldnt collect for toffee in my experience.

Lawnflite/Kaaz all the way.

Ok thats fair . I only had one Honda 21" mower and the drive was pants . Never did collecting cutting and the only other mowers I have had were Hayter Ospreys . Real old school . The last one had a B+S 8.5hp motor and used to drag me all over the place !