Hum / vibration over winter... at wits end

thrope

1 hour ago, thrope said:

It could be neighbours heating, but why would a circulartion pump be on all night every night from October, it would be controlled by a thermostat and also on during the day? There is a stables attached to a larger house in the hamlet, so I did wonder if it could be something to do with heating the stables, but again not sure why it would be on all night.

We have GSHP and the circulation pump runs continuously below a set outside temp all part of the weather compensation system. Even some  gas boilers have weather compensation. Its a stretch as I cant see why it would pause at any time

Is it only when the wind is one direction? That could help work out where it's coming from.

Only thing I can think of is if wind is getting better slates and roof felt somewhere, we had that once.

I can't think of anything on a livestock farm that would run constantly like that.

One of the farms could have a big biomass boiler, feed and ash augers do run sporadically.

Livestock farms might have a lagoon and water/muck separators, anaerobic digester etc.

Start simple with neighbors before going all Inspector Clouseau. Glass in hand, ah ha it was was you in the drawing room with the portrait of fallen Madonna with the big boobies.

as it doesnt seem to be in your house, you probably cant stop it, so buy a new amp and speakers and relax!! :)

i have heard roofing felt flapping in the wind making weird noises.

does it still make the noise on a dead still night/ day?

next doors growroom?! that they didnt mention when you asked!