Energy price cap

eggsarascal

If energy costs are capped at £2,500 (as Liz Truss) repeated over and over again on Wednesday, does that mean I can leave my heating on 24/7 through winter and pay no more than the cap?... of course not

Why do these people try to push this nonsense on 'us'?, Truss' exact words were, "no one will pay more than £2,500 pa".

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

There are some people who believe that they can use as much as they want but only pay £2500  ..they are  also the ones who think Liz Truss is stupid 😂

Replace 'stupid' with 'clever' and you have a decent statement there. 🤣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

There are some people who believe that they can use as much as they want but only pay £2500  ..they are  also the ones who think Liz Truss is stupid 😂

Am I missing something here?

The PM repeatedly said during her media round earlier in the week that no one would pay any more than the cap.

If that's right you can heat your castle at the same price I can heat my 'van, it's nonsense. It's an average price cap per unit, not a total price cap, but that isn't what she was saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

If energy costs are capped at £2,500 (as Liz Truss) repeated over and over again on Wednesday, does that mean I can leave my heating on 24/7 through winter and pay no more than the cap?... of course not

Why do these people try to push this nonsense on 'us'?, Truss' exact words were, "no one will pay more than £2,500 pa".

I cant work it out either. The price cap is clear enough as in its an average cost but Trusses comments are very odd

She would have had an army of advisors with her so if she accidentally said something wrong she would be corrected for the next interview but as you say repeated these lies but to what end I cant work out. 

She's either

1. Deliberately lied (repeatedly)

2. Is a stupid as sh!t with bad advisors

3. Other?

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

I cant work it out either. The price cap is clear enough as in its an average cost but Trusses comments are very odd

She would have had an army of advisors with her so if she accidentally said something wrong she would be corrected for the next interview but as you say repeated these lies but to what end I cant work out. 

She's either

1. Deliberately lied (repeatedly)

2. Is a stupid as sh!t with bad advisors

3. Other?

4. Deliberately trying to mislead people, oh hang on that goes back to Q1. 

Have a listen to her long pauses when she was interviewed on many bbc radio stations midweek, she isn’t thinking about the answer, she’s searching through her script for a pre planned response.