Online chainsaw ,bar and chain suppliers ????

cessna

I have recently asked several on line bar and chain suppliers if they had a certain type of  bar and chain in stock. None of them had what I needed which is fair enough  BUT NOT ONE ASKED ,would you like us to see if it is available and if so order it for you at extra cost. SO IN MY OPINION NONE OF THOSE  BUSINESSES WERE PROVIDING A SERVICE, "but  a   sorry chum we aint got it policy ", what an attitude to encourage new business ,I DONT THINK.  .

In the end I did say to an Oregon dealer ,"can you order it in for me PLEASE  because I have spoken to Oregon Uk and they have 4 of what I require  in stock", yes the dealer said we can do that but their will be an extra charge,"thats ok I said because I need it urgently."   BUT WHY DOES ONE HAVE ASK IF THEY CAN  ORDER IT SPECIALLY"  they  the dealer should be the ones trying to provide a service to the customer,I rest my case.

Edited by cessna

32 minutes ago, cessna said:

I have recently asked several on line bar and chain suppliers if they had a certain type of  bar and chain in stock. None of them had what I needed which is fair enough  BUT NOT ONE ASKED ,would you like us to see if it is available and if so order it for you at extra cost. SO IN MY OPINION NONE OF THOSE  BUSINESSES WERE PROVIDING A SERVICE, "but  a   sorry chum we aint got it policy ", what an attitude to encourage new business ,I DONT THINK.  .

In the end I did say to an Oregon dealer ,"can you order it in for me PLEASE  because I have spoken to Oregon Uk and they have 4 of what I require  in stock", yes the dealer said we can do that but their will be an extra charge,"thats ok I said because I need it urgently."   BUT WHY DOES ONE HAVE ASK IF THEY CAN  ORDER IT SPECIALLY"  they  the dealer should be the ones trying to provide a service to the customer,I rest my case.

What type of chain and bar??

We no longer need to keep racks of parts except for service items as we receive three deliveries in a five working day period, so every other day. Therefore we always offer to get an item in because if we didnt then we wouldn't have a business. If we lose a sale because a customer simply cannot wait 36 hours for the item to arrive, then they should really have two of everything themselves as back up

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, john87 said:

What type of chain and bar??

BAR:- Orgeon Advance Cut HD   (150MPBK095)

CHAIN:-  Oregon 95txl    ( 15"/.325/1.3/64 links)

I am hoping the bar above will be made of slighter harder steel, as used on a firewood processor. Despite running chain slightly loose bars still seem to burr over quicker nowadays. I do also wonder if chain saw chain oils vary in their  "stickiness",theit by not lubing the chain as much as they should do.

Is there an opportunity here?

What I'm thinking is a lot of us might have random chainsaw stuff sitting on the shelf that they are unlikely to use.

I know I have a clutch drum and a chainsaw bar that I could part with, although not the one the OP is looking for.

I wouldn't put a price on them because I'm not actively looking to sell so haven't put them on the classifieds.

If someone was in a bind I would get either in the post within a couple of days.

Isn't this one the same?

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

GENUINE OREGON SPEEDCUT GUIDE BAR. To be used with Oregon SpeedCut™ Chain - 95TXL (Pitch 0.325", Gauge...

or this

FPANDG.COM

Features & Benefits Slim symmetrical contour is light in weight, maneuverable, and reversible for long life. Small-radius nose...

Unsure the differences betwwen the 3?

43 minutes ago, Glencairn said:

Is there an opportunity here?

What I'm thinking is a lot of us might have random chainsaw stuff sitting on the shelf that they are unlikely to use.

Was that not the very principle behind the creation of ebay?

And it worked very well for a good number of years too before it became just another online store.

Twenty plus years ago I picked up some terrific parts off it for my oldest bikes, usually from people who'd had them laying around since the 70's when the bikes were contemporary. They were happy that they'd gotten a few quid for clutter but also that someone was getting some use out of them.

Then the computer boom happened, then the "e-commerce" boom happened, and human nature done the rest!

Edited by coppice cutter
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, cessna said:

BUT WHY DOES ONE HAVE ASK IF THEY CAN  ORDER IT SPECIALLY"  they  the dealer should be the ones trying to provide a service to the customer,I rest my case.

Because if you don't then they don't know that you want them to ?