Who's going to the APF 2022

gand

7 hours ago, Squaredy said:

Hoping there will be one or two people with wood gasified generator equipment.  

I never missed a show up till about 2000 but I think I only noticed one gasifier and generator, it was supposed to be running a converted 6D engine but from the tarry water running from various joints it looked like they failed to get the temperature up. For gasification it needs to sit between 100-800C and that needs very dry wood, which is one reason most of the modern ones run on pellets.

5 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I never missed a show up till about 2000 but I think I only noticed one gasifier and generator, it was supposed to be running a converted 6D engine but from the tarry water running from various joints it looked like they failed to get the temperature up. For gasification it needs to sit between 100-800C and that needs very dry wood, which is one reason most of the modern ones run on pellets.

Yes I have been following their development for at least ten years now; I am hoping recent fuel cost increases might lead to developments in the market.  But as you say the feedstock appears really critical so people like me who have tons of sawmill offcuts sadly can’t use it.

Edited by Squaredy

2 hours ago, difflock said:

2 day Ticket bought, just need to decide which 2 days to attend?

mth

I've found the Friday and Saturday to be better over the years. The traders could be less flexible on price on the Thursday compared to the Saturday. Although I now work at a dealership, I see how little profit these folk make on anything they sell. So just remember to be kind with the dealers when trying to get the lowest prices. I'm not aiming this at you or anyone if to be honest. I just want to put it out there 👍

• Like 2