Has anybody else noticed this on the roads lately?

spudulike

I used to be on the road as a rep covering 25-35k miles a year so have seen a fair few drivers in my time. Those days are now long gone and now do perhaps 10-12k a year.

We often travel back from my wife's mums mid evening and tonight around 6.00pm, not that late. What I have noticed is that I am seeing more and more drivers that seem to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, perhaps both.

On one occasion, the guy was doing 50mph southbound on the A1m and this then dropped to 40, then 30 and then a wobble of 1.5 lanes of the carriageway. The next time...yet another going very slowly...45-50mph and no perception on cornering etc.

Tonight took the biscuit, A1m,  50mph, dropped to 40, reached our junction and then veered off midway past the junction with no signals, went round the roundabout on the outside to turn right, got to the T junction, pulled out on a van doing around 50 that missed hitting him by a few feet but very close, he then went down a B road going faster than on the A1m.....seemed like he was likely to have a head on just down the road.

Not sure what is going on but I tend to keep well away form these dick heads that think it fine to drive like the UK on the roads. I would think the one tonight may be wrapped round a tree or another car a few miles down the road and hope he didn't kill somebody!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

I used to be on the road as a rep covering 25-35k miles a year so have seen a fair few drivers in my time. Those days are now long gone and now do perhaps 10-12k a year.

We often travel back from my wife's mums mid evening and tonight around 6.00pm, not that late. What I have noticed is that I am seeing more and more drivers that seem to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, perhaps both.

On one occasion, the guy was doing 50mph southbound on the A1m and this then dropped to 40, then 30 and then a wobble of 1.5 lanes of the carriageway. The next time...yet another going very slowly...45-50mph and no perception on cornering etc.

Tonight took the biscuit, A1m,  50mph, dropped to 40, reached our junction and then veered off midway past the junction with no signals, went round the roundabout on the outside to turn right, got to the T junction, pulled out on a van doing around 50 that missed hitting him by a few feet but very close, he then went down a B road going faster than on the A1m.....seemed like he was likely to have a head on just down the road.

Not sure what is going on but I tend to keep well away form these dick heads that think it fine to drive like the UK on the roads. I would think the one tonight may be wrapped round a tree or another car a few miles down the road and hope he didn't kill somebody!

You could do the massively pre-empting step of phoning the police rather than complaining about this on a discussion forum.

Tell me you did, I really want to believe you did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

The driving standards have dropped dramatically in the UK over the last 20 yrs, but we have more cars on the roads now so that is to be expected, and as RAC man said weed, we have a few local meeting places where cars gather and the occupants have a chat over a few cans and joints,,But its just the way of the modern world,,,