Wages for employees

TREES.SERVICES

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Likewise Mike. :) It’s very important that you also understand that. Can’t say it’s not fun watching you guys scrape the barrel and justify earning £2-3 over minimum wage and try to justify it. 

Paid from the neck down I guess? 

Why are you so concerned about what people are willing to work for in arb? 100 a day is similar to nurses, teachers all of which require degree level training. Are you on there forums also worrying about how much they earn?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, briscoe said:

Why are you so concerned about what people are willing to work for in arb? 100 a day is similar to nurses, teachers all of which require degree level training. Are you on there forums also worrying about how much they earn?

It’s to do with his history, he posted how he is dad was a climber and a bit feckless. 
So he projects his anger that he feels for his father at tree workers on here, getting all superior to get back at his dad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, briscoe said:

I’m on here as I have interests and equipment that covers at least three sub-forums on Arbtalk. I just choose to not make it my main source of income, it does not mean it’s not a source of income.  

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

I’m on here as I have interests and equipment that covers at least three sub-forums on Arbtalk. I just choose to not make it my main source of income, it does not mean it’s not a source of income.  

So probably aware that you can earn good coin if you set up yourself? Do you employ people? If so I hope your paying good wages!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, briscoe said:

Teachers are 190 days a year or thereabouts 

Just now, Richard 1234 said:

Teachers are 190 days a year or thereabouts 

If employed yes. Many do supply teaching which is just turn up for a few days . Rates are not dissimilar to Arb and they are 3 year degree qualified compared with someone with NPTC tickets which take a few days to achieve. 

Classroom Teachers Pay Scale

Annual Pay Daily Pay

Min M1 £25,714 £131.87

M2 £27,600 £141.54

M3 £29,664 £152.13 M4 £31,778 £162.97 M5 £34,100 £174.88 Max M6 £36,961 £189.55 Min U1 £38,690 £198.41 U2 £40,124 £205.77

Teacher.  3 year degree + 1 year teacher training. Starting day rate of £131.87 per day. ( Teach 30 plus children and prepare lesson) 

Arb  NPTC (6 weeks) Starting rate £90- £100 per day (Turn up and drag branches out of garden)

I think you can see why arb appeals!

• Like 1

Just now, briscoe said:

So probably aware that you can earn good coin if you set up yourself? Do you employ people? If so I hope your paying good wages!

I am set up myself. Have my own wee budding business that’s building rather nicely. I pay my brother £200 a day for general milling and firewood production. He can easily mill £1000 of timber for me in that day. I take the orders, he does the milling when I’m otherwise occupied, I get the wife to do the books. Second easiest game I’ve ever been in. 

7 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I am set up myself. Have my own wee budding business that’s building rather nicely. I pay my brother £200 a day for general milling and firewood production. He can easily mill £1000 of timber for me in that day. I take the orders, he does the milling when I’m otherwise occupied, I get the wife to do the books. Second easiest game I’ve ever been in. 

Sounds good - there is money in arb/timber if you set up yourself. Are you still concerned about £100 for someone to turn up with a saw and help a tree surgery business?