Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

Speaking of far right...

Amazing, that the US and Ukraine were the only two UN countries who voted against a motion to "combat the glorification of Nazism, Neo-Nazism..." but here it is: "The Assembly next took up the report on “Elimination of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance”, containing two draft resolutions.

By a recorded vote of 130 in favour to 2 against (Ukraine, United States), with 49 abstentions, the Assembly then adopted draft resolution I, “Combating glorification of Nazism, neo‑Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance”. https://www.un.org/press/en/2021/ga12396.doc.htm

Which ties in with this: 

WWW.JACOBINMAG.COM

The CIA has been secretly training anti-Russian groups in Ukraine since 2015. Everything we know points to the...

Tin foil at the ready.

Edited by Mark J

44 minutes ago, Canal Navvy said:

If Russia is seen to get away with moving against the Ukraine then China has no reason to worry about making a move on Taiwan 😟

And Algeria moving on the Western Sahara.

It's been goading Morocco for some time.

Russia might just trigger a host of other land grabs world wide.

40 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I would also like to think we try and install a more democratic rule for the better good not that I've agreed with anything we have done either

Kind of contradicted yourself there Matty but I can see why.

The problem with criticising Putin as a British person is that Britain’s ‘elites’ through Empire dont exactly have a great record when it comes to invading sovereign nations and utterly destroying the pre-existing culture (ancient cultures in some cases) 

China is still seething about what Britain did during the Opium Wars. They no doubt have their sights set on retribution in that regard. 

As for Russia, the British elites always viewed Russia as a major threat due to their dominance of the Eurasian landmass as opposed to British and US Atlanticism/sea power. 

Remember the Bolshevik Revolution was funded by Wall St and the London banks as a way to destroy the Tsar and growing Russian Imperialism. 

Finally, it’s worth baring in mind the anti-Russian semi nomadic Muslim tribes in the North Caucasus who would eventually become the modern day Chechens were funded by Britain as a way of hindering westward expansion of Imperial Russia. 

Putin despises the U.K. 

• Like 4

Speaking of far right... Amazing, that the US and Ukraine were the only two UN countries who voted against a motion to "combat the glorification of Nazism, Neo-Nazism..." but here it is: "The Assembly next took up the report on “Elimination of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance”, containing two draft resolutions.

By a recorded vote of 130 in favour to 2 against (Ukraine, United States), with 49 abstentions, the Assembly then adopted draft resolution I, “Combating glorification of Nazism, neo‑Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance”. https://www.un.org/press/en/2021/ga12396.doc.htm

Which ties in with this: 

GettyImages-1229073971.jpg

WWW.JACOBINMAG.COM
The CIA has been secretly training anti-Russian groups in Ukraine since 2015. Everything we know points to the...

Tin foil at the ready.

Thought this was an interesting article mark, gives an interesting delve in to the past of Ukraine in WW2 ..

WWW.EUROZINE.COM

Don’t fall for the official Russian line on WWII, historian Timothy Snyder warns German MPs in a speech at the Bundestag. In the debate over Germany's historical responsibility for its wartime actions in Ukraine, ‘Germany cannot afford to get major issues of its history wrong.’

1 hour ago, MattyF said:

I had a Ukrainian groundy a few years back I could do with 3 of them now but good honest hard working people.

Britain should offer to take in as many Ukrainian refugees as possible as they are mainly Christian and from a similar European culture so would assimilate well. 

I bet very few people in power in the UK mentions this if at all. 

I wonder why that would be the case? 

Ukrainian family - 

63FBBD8B-E957-4DEF-BE16-92252F3A8752.jpeg.fefdaaba46ed17b977d59633b10b1ac6.jpeg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, scotspine1 said:

Britain should offer to take in as many Ukrainian refugees as possible as they are mainly Christian and from a similar European culture so would assimilate well. 

I bet very few people in power in the UK mentions this if at all. 

I wonder why that would be the case? 

Ukrainian family - 

63FBBD8B-E957-4DEF-BE16-92252F3A8752.jpeg.fefdaaba46ed17b977d59633b10b1ac6.jpeg

I agree that we should take in refugees.

Why should Christianity be a factor? We're not the Salvation Army. 

Can you imagine the passion when Charles gets the throne and we all sing "God save our gracious king..."

Edited by Mark J
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I agree that we should take in refugees.

Why should Christianity be a factor? We're not the Salvation Army. 

Because we are predominantly a christian country. Having worked with a good few Ukrainian guys offshore predominantly in the role of dynamic positioning officer on dive support vessels ive found them to be absolutely great guys with an outstanding family and work ethic. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Because we are predominantly a christian country. Having worked with a good few Ukrainian guys offshore predominantly in the role of dynamic positioning officer on dive support vessels ive found them to be absolutely great guys with an outstanding family and work ethic. 

Do you go to church?

I have no problems with Ukrainians, the second best woman I have encountered was from Kiev.

Edited by Mark J