Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

Not going as well as hoped for the Russians, Putin seems rattled, not so smug.

Thats if what were being told is anywhere near the truth.

I think he was hoping for a fait accompli.
There’s talk of supply lines failures, unexpectedly ferocious resistance.

Could be a huge strategic mistake.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Not going as well as hoped for the Russians, Putin seems rattled, not so smug.

Thats if what were being told is anywhere near the truth.

I think he was hoping for a fait accompli.
There’s talk of supply lines failures, unexpectedly ferocious resistance.

Could be a huge strategic mistake.

As you say Mick " if what we are being told ...."  One of the reasons could be the shoulder fired anti tank rockets that we supplied . State of the art jobbies I believe . 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

Always confuses me how we are so selective about the wars we talk about in the media etc.

No one seems to care that in the last few days Saudi have put about 40 air strikes into Yemen

Or Israel have air struck Damascus,

Or the USA continue to air strike Syria. Edit Somalia sorry.

When was the last time you saw any of these things in the news?

It's pretty difficult to look at other events when main stream media can flood the news with whatever they choose.

Yemen is such a mess and pretty hard to watch some of the videos - but I suppose not as 'news worthy' as a nice fresh conflict. I guess people get bored of seeing children getting killed, wounded and dying of starvation.

The only ones that seem guaranteed to win whatever conflict is going on are those companies that make the weapons that are used. Plus they get a real life testing arena so they can improve what they sell. Below graph is a search on the largest exporters of arms.

If there were no wars and conflicts going on - how would they make money? By having lots of conflict you not only get to sell lots of product - but that product gets destroyed - which means you get to sell more [improved] product.

Plus you have plenty of power as various leaders would want to keep you onside.

image.png.263f77d869aa02e077b26421ebba6451.png

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stubby said:

As you say Mick " if what we are being told ...."  One of the reasons could be the shoulder fired anti tank rockets that we supplied . State of the art jobbies I believe . 

State of the art and now they can be tested in real life scenarios.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Germany chipped in another 1,000 ATGM, which  is a constititional turnip in yr boots, plus Stingers which aint cheap, K

Edited by Khriss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-60538275
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Long gone, new Ranger comes in a week or so.

You are one for quotes Mr mick. I think i remember you saying the old girl (land rover) after a respray was going to be a  fanny magnet to cruse around in on weekends. 🤭

Edited by topchippyles
  • Haha 1

Personally I find Putins threats of nuclear missiles a bloody insult. Having lived through much of the cold war, we are used to this threat and TBH - WHERE THE FECKING HELL DOES HE THINK BOTH THE UK AND US NUCLEAR SUBS ARE AND WHERE ARE THEIR BLOODY RAFT OF NUCLEAR SLBMs are POINTED AT.....what a total dick.

5'7" and now bringing out the "Special" toys...WOW:scared1: what a man:stupid:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1