Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

2 minutes ago, Rob D said:

We gone straight from Covid to this - it's seamless worry and anxiety.

Did you see Biden state of the nation speech last night?

His closing rallying call “Go get him” (meaning Putin). (Not to mention his geographical confusion over Ukraine / Iran 🤨)

What with the likes of Biden, and Truss, and the EU making such blatantly aggressive statements we seem to be genuinely in a massive void of competent statecraft. 

Combine that with (what certainly appears to be) an increasingly unhinged Putin.....

head in hands emoji.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rob D said:

Yep I'm not saying he isn't being insulting - but two wrongs don't make a right. And his wife is Ukranian - he's directly involved - and you've made up the scenario that if he doesn't fly over there and take part somehow he's not allowed to have strong viewpoints?

He gets to feel very strongly about it without having to do anything to prove himself.

And are we helping? As in I genuinely have no faith in the governments motives behind anything they do. The sanctions they are imposing will not hurt Putin as much as normal people. And for all we know it could simply be a big wealth grab for the West. £100 billion grabbed - £2 billion in aid back - thanks very much! [this is a pure guess].

Maybe we are maybe we aren't. We just don't know. We get fed narratives which incite our emotions. I try not to watch the main stream news these days as it effects me so much. 

We gone straight from Covid to this - it's seamless worry and anxiety.

He’s allowed strong viewpoints. I’ve nothing against that, but with strong viewpoints comes strong counter viewpoints. If he’s going to come in here and claim we in the West are doing nothing to help whilst he is doing nothing to help then he should expect a retort along the same lines. 

You could argue (and some are) that the Wests help with weapons will just prolong the war and lead to more deaths on both sides.

Unless ukraine wins in the end, which atm it doesn't look good....

But then I can't see Russian being able to hold/control Ukraine either even if they initially win.?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Whilst on one hand he’s blaming the West for what’s happening and also not doing enough/anything. It’s very insulting when you see what the West is actually doing to help. I’ve yet to see the world react and defend a country with such swiftness.

If he feels as strongly about helping there is no visa required to pop over and do what he expects the West to do and pick up arms. I’d make a contribution to that flight if he wants.

Andy obviously didn't understand my comments, so let him insult me, I can coupe with that. Going back to work, today taxes will possible help someone. 

Edited by Sviatoslav Tulin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Combine that with (what certainly appears to be) an increasingly unhinged Putin.....

I think it’s what we’re being conditioned to believe. Now that RT is to be banned in the UK and various hacking groups are shutting down Russian media we’re getting a decidedly one sided view of what’s going on. With the amount of blatant propaganda and lies being fed from Ukraine to the Western Media served up to us as simply bolstering the Ukrainian spirits I’m certainly not taking Putins state of mind at the face value we’re being presented with. 

At the same time we’ve got Biden who is clearly demented supposedly calling the shots in the US but that’s ok. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

Andy obviously didn't understand my comments, so let him insult me, I can coupe with that. 

I’m no intention of insulting you. If you’re insulted by replies then maybe it’s your conscience being pricked. 

And Rob stated that you where being insulting. He just thinks that I should not offer up a rely that is also insulting. So it seems if you did not mean to be insulting it’s not just I that does not understand you. 

Edited by trigger_andy

Just now, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

As I said Andy u not understanding my comments. 

So it seems that Rob does not understand your comments either since he states you where/are being insulting. He thinks I should not retaliate to your insulting comments with what he believes is more insulting comments. 

Perhaps you should clarify your initial comments and explain why you believe what you accuse Germany, the US and the West in general of is not insulting. :)