£15/hour

eggsarascal

Me and my girl friend / first wife saved up our deposit our selves . The house , in 1977 cost 17K . They are 300K or there abouts now . We got devorced after I think 11 years and I bought her out . I had to get a 30K mortgage and interest rates were 17.5% if I remember correctly . I was on my own , one income and living off the barrels of a gun . 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

It's not out of reach, my nephew and his partner have just bought their own place, his words to me, "it's fecking expensive getting a house ain't it, Simon".

When I asked my brother, his dad why he hadn't helped him, he said, "I let him sweat it, now he's got a place I'll pay for all the furnishings".

Harsh in my eyes. But shows it can be done.

Best thing he could have done letting him sweat it..... I will steer my kids and help them but don't think wiping their arse is the right answer or helping anyone. 

Best sense of satisfaction for that couple I bet the feeling of doing it themselves will have done them a world of good

Edited by swinny
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

I love how all the home owners are preaching how clever they were to buy a house decades ago for pennies.
Congratulations.
Now **************** off, because there are millions of us who will never afford to own a home.
Millions on minimum wage or low paid jobs.
It’s not having the balls to buy somewhere…
Every single person of my generation I know got the deposit off there family.
You can’t work pay rent and save 20-50k…
This world is deeply ****************ed.

I'm sorry but you are so very negative. Can't be doing with it personally.....

Get on, be successful and bray on ffs. You only get out what you put in. 

Don't winge about what can't be changed and systems charging tax and blah blah blah..... people do go to work. Live within their means, reign things back in and do save for deposits.... 

You need to make your glass half full not half empty fella

Edited by swinny
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm sorry but you are so very negative. Can't be doing with it personally.....

Get on, be successful and bray on ffs. You only get out what you put in. 

Don't winge about what can't be changed and systems charging tax and blah blah blah..... people do go to work. Live within their means, reign things back in and do save for deposits.... 

You need to make your glass half full not half empty fella

No mate.
Some things in this world are wrong.
We all have a brief flash of existence, and we are all volunteers.
Maybe there are things worth working for more valuable than mere monies.

Swinny, one day we should have a chat over a cup of tea, and I’ll tell you a story of positivity.
[emoji106]

I am an emigrant (u khnow those taken your jobs), i came to Ireland in 2006,i was earning 450 per week, my women 300, one10 year old, and a newborn 900 rent, we saved deposit of 35000 in 4 years and both a home for 260000.My adult son now having 1100 after tax per week, for last 2 years and hadnt saved a cent how is that i ask him, he said he paying big rent, i ask him to show me his accaunt and what i found: he spending only for coffe and a shit snacks on filling station 100 to 150 per week, 150 in takeaway, 100 for food shopping, about 2000 for clothing per year, he had 4 gim membership that 700 per year, and he saying that 500 all bills includet is too big, ya i forgot he has a phone bill 60  monthly, plus very nice car, plus new iphone every year, and this man says that 500 per month all bills includet is too much, ya he subscribe Netflix, Amazon, Apple, and Disney. Night out min 100. I said to my son, you can have inough savings in 5 years to buy small hause for cash, he answer me that he's spendings is basic standart now, and most of his frends have big loans taken, cause they not enough mooney to live, i stayed in silence. So i dont believe in those stories about impossibility to buy a house anymore. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

I am an emigrant (u khnow those taken your jobs), i came to Ireland in 2006,i was earning 450 per week, my women 300, one10 year old, and a newborn 900 rent, we saved deposit of 35000 in 4 years and both a home for 260000.My adult son now having 1100 after tax per week, for last 2 years and hadnt saved a cent how is that i ask him, he said he paying big rent, i ask him to show me his accaunt and what i found: he spending only for coffe and a shit snacks on filling station 100 to 150 per week, 150 in takeaway, 100 for food shopping, about 2000 for clothing per year, he had 4 gim membership that 700 per year, and he saying that 500 all bills includet is too big, ya i forgot he has a phone bill 60  monthly, plus very nice car, plus new iphone every year, and this man says that 500 per month all bills includet is too much, ya he subscribe Netflix, Amazon, Apple, and Disney. Night out min 100. I said to my son, you can have inough savings in 5 years to buy small hause for cash, he answer me that he's spendings is basic standart now, and most of his frends have big loans taken, cause they not enough mooney to live, i stayed in silence. So i dont believe in those stories about impossibility to buy a house anymore. 

Bang on there mate (apart from the nicking jobs thing!)

Life is as expensive as you want to make it. I don't care for material things like the above personally but we are all different.

It's a good thing for folks to put pen to paper and check accounts to see where it is all actually going! Such a reality check if they actually listen and take it in

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let's get this right, you asked, almost told me that Veg pickers on the Lincs Fens were/ could earn £30/hour, yet you have nothing to back it up... or have I minssed something?

I think the Fens would be full of folk working 10 hours/day if £300 was achievable.

No need to shout me down, all in the news this week

WWW.FWI.CO.UK

British food prices will have to rise to cover soaring wages for farm workers, industry leaders have warned. The warning came as a Lincolnshire-based

3e41a8f4476426d18ef904ef56cf0fbc.jpg

547397d334e7210d8bc8557b99e26cf2.jpg

I was only pointing out what some other land based sectors were offering to workers, in comparison to your £15/hr statement