Future Firewood Demand Optimism?

Billhook

• 1 month later...
On 09/09/2021 at 10:29, Billhook said:

Not like a farmer to be optimistic but perhaps with the current hike in gas and electricity prices, coupled with the net zero initiative and the move to all electric cars, people may find it hard to pay the increases to keep warm.  Keeping warm is the greatest cost.

I see they had to fire up a coal power plant recently as the wind power had faded. Gas being phased out and the electric demand will no doubt cause power cuts

what d’y’all think?

I’m going to change my name from Billhook to “The Oracle”!

I see now that the Troll from Trondheim is due to drop temperatures to minus 12 up to the New Year.  Deafening silence from Global Warming alarmists.  It looks as though power cuts will be probable rather than possible .  
Ambulances and hospitals choked with victims of the cold and strikes, all that is needed for the perfect storm is another Covid variant….

• Like 1

The alarmists will just say it's all part of global warming. We'll boil in summer and freeze in winter and we can run around for the rest of the year waving placards and super gluing ourselves to roads or whatever George tells us is bad.

The word they'll use is cyclical, like our seasons

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

You'd have to have a short memory to say this has been a cold winter though, I was working outside in a t-shirt in November.

I was working outside in a T-shirt for 5hrs on Friday. It was fine (fresh, lol) till the sun went down around 3pm. Then OMFG was it cold.

Most of the younger generation (oh god i feel 'so old' saying those words) have never experienced an actual cold winter. They see 2 flakes of snow and panic. When i was young we could build igloos in the garden out of snow. Sometimes having to dig the car out, and roads that were feet deep.  Hell in the early 90's I had to follow the snow plough along the A96 just to get to Inverness to work. Drifts were higher than the car roof.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...