Electric Kettles not made in china?

Stere

Seems options are limited?

Only found one so far

Electric black kettle in 18 10 stainless steel without plastic in contact with water. Equipped with removable stainless steel...

Probablt over £100 with import costs from EU?

Any kettle that lasts more than about 6 months would be a bonus and without crappy plastic.

Getting fed up with the cheapo ones not lasting....

Edited by Stere

Dualit kettles  made in china in think only the toaster says uk made anyway.... 😬

MAKEITBRITISH.CO.UK

When I surveyed our followers on Instagram with this image over 30% of them thought that this kettle was made in the...

Shysters...

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

We had a couple of Morphy Richards and Russell Hobbs ones, both of which failed - it seems to be impossible to get the fill-level indicator to stay watertight. You’d think that would be a priority on an electrical appliance designed for heating water.

For the last one, it failed within the 2 year warranty period so I took it back to Argos and got a full refund. I’ve plumped for a (still Chinese made) John Lewis brand one instead now.

I reckon that if it starts leaking within two years it’ll be back for a refund or new-for-used replacement within their warranty. And if it lasts longer than 2 years it will have cost me about a penny per boil for the wear and tear (excluding the electricity and water, obviously).

WWW.JOHNLEWIS.COM

Buy Stainless Steel John Lewis & Partners Simplicity Electric Kettle from our Kettles range at John Lewis & Partners. Free Delivery on orders over £50.

I have done away with my kettle, and brought an insinkerator.  Mounted under the sink in the cupboard, it gives boiling water on demand. The amount of tea I drink, its proved a godsend, and as it filters the water before it boils, no more timescale.! 

• Like 2

We have just bought a Breville . Had it a week or so . Seems ok so far . Bought a Delonghi  that leaked from the get go , took it back and got another that leaked after a week . Then a R/Hobbs that lasted a year then went pop . Will see how the Breville lasts .

1 minute ago, spudulike said:

Blimey, I thought I had clicked on Mumsnet for a moment.....Kettle choice, who would have thought;)

Its up there with What foot spar are you guys using ....🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Stere said:

Dualit kettles  made in china in think only the toaster says uk made anyway.... 😬

MAKEITBRITISH.CO.UK

When I surveyed our followers on Instagram with this image over 30% of them thought that this kettle was made in the...

Shysters...

1B41DE1A-A5A0-4F05-9AD3-8742356FF518.png