Stock Fencing Price 2021

Commando

35 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

It is up here because we are way behind the rest of UK because of the rats, sorry Nats in power up here. We are about a decade behind England, even took them 12 years to catch up with our Alex and only to get his own back. No we are heading backwards especially in training so that's why we have a lack of tradespeople, if it didn't pay so well I would give it up and market for more window cleaning customers. 🤔

Nutter, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3

Set off as a stock fencing thread this one with a guy asking a genuine question on cost per mtr, we are now nearly at 50 replies in but it seemed to take a different direction away from stock fencing at post 9 ? since then i have learnt about fencing at a £100 per mtr, but it took a bit of working out how it was £100 a meter, but i now no that i have to drill a pilot hole for every nail,,, learnt about pricing 10k tree felling jobs and then the golden egg cup that window cleaning being the best kept secret there is, and you can make £45 an hour ? a close freind is a window cleaner but he all so has a 2nd job looking after a disabled person , i will put him right on this when i see him?? as they say every day is a school day and i have realised today i am not to old to learn,,,

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

On 26/02/2021 at 18:44, woody paul said:

Were the hell are they from never seen that guarantee. 

Seemingly called scanipots, must admit never seen them, but the lad that uses them is a good fencer and knows his stuff.

Think u get octopots as well which are expensive but meant to last.

I know 1 company I occasionally help fencing out ( try and avoid the Mel nowadays) only use USC4 strainers which are UK treated and a 25 he guarantee.

An a local mill had started doing " incise'? posts/stabs a machine slices and injects treatment around ground level on stab.

No idea if it works thou.

Biggest problem is very few if any sawmills dry timber now before cutting or esp treating.

The small sawmill we used to buy all our timber from ued to have a big yard drying cut timber under tarps for months, bet plenty off fences we put up still standing 20+ years later.

Worts the old saying about sometimes better keeping quiet than opening ur mouth and proving them right.

Think the internet full of experts that quickly show haven't really done that much.

As for 100 quid a meter fencing, I think palisade and possibly chain link fencing could be getting near that, think palisade is a bit over that esp if any gates.

Last palisade job I was on was 900m and included some massive gates wouldn't like to pay for the gates alone.

I just put the stuff up occasionally been a long long time since I priced any.

1pm to 5pm today dismantling a 3' fence because the client wants a 6' fence. I believe its actually harder because I have to bolt through the new posts and half check others to make it look straight. Going to finish it tomorrow hopefully so I can seal a roof on Tuesday. To be a good liar then one needs a good memory so that's the reason I'm no good at it, so I just say it as it is. I know it upsets folk but I don't intend too but envy is a nasty emotion, live and let live is my forte. [emoji6]

Be sure to post the pictures up. Oh, and perhaps the quote too. Since window cleaning pays so well I expect to see over £45 an hour for Labour alone......
  • Haha 1

Haha what dose a bench hand sound like ? 🤣🤣Served my time with a company called Balmoral joinery now a work for myself at a very steady pace enough to comfortably live and enjoy time with the family but you my friend am afraid your a wolly and a dreamer one of them annoying know it alls and you kind of boil my piss 

Ps my mate has got a company cleaning windows with a pole thing and it's a massive round and he's not exactly rolling in it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Its just clearing a site for tarmac. Cutting down small trees and chipping them. The stumps is the problem. I can try and dig round them and get a few 45 degree cuts and then use the Stihl saw with a Terrasaur blade or the chainsaw to nibble down. If it doesn't work then I would hire a stump grinder to finish them all off but there's very little room to play with. Fence and containers in the way at the moment. Not really interested but good money in it. Getting greedy now with more lucrative work coming in but the 7 days of window cleaning is continuity and gets me more tree and fence work.

Is there much point grinding the stumps if it's to be tarmac?

Would think the ground will be dug down anyway for the base, if they're small diameter stumps they'd be grubbed out

1 hour ago, Mark armstrong said:

Haha what dose a bench hand sound like ? 🤣🤣Served my time with a company called Balmoral joinery now a work for myself at a very steady pace enough to comfortably live and enjoy time with the family but you my friend am afraid your a wolly and a dreamer one of them annoying know it alls and you kind of boil my piss 

Ps my mate has got a company cleaning windows with a pole thing and it's a massive round and he's not exactly rolling in it 

Dont forget to drill your pilot holes now mark :banghead: The guy is a raving lunatic and window business is so successful he only has one week a month on it. 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2