Don't put ash in the cupboard

scbk

Saw this in the news a few days ago, a large hotel burnt down 3 years ago, 2 guests killed.

Turns out an employee cleaned out one of the fires and put the ash in the cupboard :sad:

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Two people died in the blaze at the Cameron House hotel in West Dunbartonshire three years ago.

Edited by scbk
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, scbk said:

Saw this in the news a few days ago, a large hotel burnt down 3 years ago, 2 guests killed.

Turns out an employee cleaned out one of the fires and put the ash in the cupboard :sad:

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Two people died in the blaze at the Cameron House hotel in West Dunbartonshire three years ago.

Seems obvious enough?🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It’s not like it’s an obvious thing to do.

I’m pretty dumb, but even I wouldn’t do that.

You say that Mick, i had a close call a few years back... vacuumed out the burner with an old Henry (done many times).  Put it back under the stairs cupboard.  Bit later could smell burning, checked the vacuum and warm on outside.  Took it outside and opened it up and it burst into flames! Fire was well cold but obviously a small ember had been revitalised by the air blowing through the cleaner and ignited the filter bag.  Wooden stairs, I hate to think!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Commando said:

You say that Mick, i had a close call a few years back... vacuumed out the burner with an old Henry (done many times).  Put it back under the stairs cupboard.  Bit later could smell burning, checked the vacuum and warm on outside.  Took it outside and opened it up and it burst into flames! Fire was well cold but obviously a small ember had been revitalised by the air blowing through the cleaner and ignited the filter bag.  Wooden stairs, I hate to think!!

Kings Cross escalators, saw it years ago the,  rubbish under the wooden slats 😦 K

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Commando said:

I wonder if this is what they meant when they said 'put in a cupboard'? Find it hard to think why you'd just hide it, even tipping it into the kitchen bin would have been more logical and probably stood a better chance of being noticed before it was too late.