Funny grooves

gobbypunk

2 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi Les thanks thats kind ,the bloody thicknesser a bolt snapped off from one of the chain shafts ,I spose thats what you get after 30 yrs of not much maintenance

Got to strip my 12x 8 sedgewick planer down in the next couple of weeks. The thicknesser rollers are not pulling the timber through and been putting it off since last year. They are spring loaded so as you feed the timber into the machine the rollers lift to grip the timber but its just stopped dragging the timber through so i have to manually push it then drag out the front end. It does leave marks on the surface so have to use the pad sander to finish off. New springs i should think but like rocking horse shite to get hold of the parts.

Look sorry Andy as I have said many times what am I missing and obviously if one of our kind hearted Arbtalkers had the time to come and help me of course I would give them what ever I could I have been asking what am I missing ,I have always said its a learning curve and thats why I have always loved arbtalk as most people are always willing to share knowledge and so what if I am new to band mills I am more than up for learning what is so wrong with that if you are so certain its user error why not come and put it easily right and I will gladly eat a big plate of humble pie .

I’ll happily come. But as I said, it’s £1000 a day. I’ve limited time available. Or offer someone else a day rate, or get someone like Stephen Cull in? Or live with some slight marks in the timber?

Many folk have offered you lots of suggestions including myself which was often ignored which then proved to be the issue. Your choice to ignore it though.

I’ll happily come. But as I said, it’s £1000 a day. I’ve limited time available. Or offer someone else a day rate, or get someone like Stephen Cull in? Or live with some slight marks in the timber?

Many folk have offered you lots of suggestions including myself which was often ignored which then proved to be the issue. Your choice to ignore it though.
There are unfortunately too many instances when I wish we had a dislike button as well as the like one. Perhaps our magnificent Mr Bullman could facilitate this ?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, skc101fc said:
41 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Read more  

There are unfortunately too many instances when I wish we had a dislike button as well as the like one. Perhaps our magnificent Mr Bullman could facilitate this ?

That would be great! Good idea. :)

Hi Andy no everything people have suggested I have given a go new bands ,gone over with spanners ,levelled rails twice ,and a grand a day thats just a laugh you are the one who keeps saying that it is user error and its easy to set up But you are not willing to come and Show me how Easy it is unless I give you money I just dont have but I just dont want to argue either come and easily put it right for the bragging rights or please just stop running me down All I have ever done is ask as I did not know .Hi Les yeah my thicknesser is 3 phase we got a Transwave Converter ,works grate 

• Like 4

That isn't a slur on you Steve, please don't misread it that way. Over the years I've loved and respected what you created, for the tree, landscape and wood working community. A superb resource to share amongst us all. - For people who care by people who care !
Shaun
  • Haha 1