My valmets taken a beating

Johny Walker

6 hours ago, John Shutler said:

what people don’t realise is how quick tractors can actually go. both mine will do 55k and people pull out or try to cross into a junction in front of you they don’t realise your going nearly as quick as they are 

Erm, your Honour, is that actually legal?

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Nope, that isn't how it works. My van will do a ton, doesn't mean I can do it legally.

🙄 How what works?

I wasn’t debating the legality of a tractor doing 55k I was highlighting an issue relating to road users being unable to perceive speed properly and having a preconceived idea that all tractors are slow

As far as you know I could also be operating the tractors as Hgv’s, complying with all the relevant legislation etc but you’d much rather try to start an argument than consider that possibility 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dumper said:

Should it not also have a positive connection to the steering ie steel and not rely on hydraulic pipes

On that note; I had my 1984 DB1490 out Friday past "footering" to warm her up before parking her in again.

At tickover revs, minimal steering input  and quite without warning "Phoofht" accompanied by  a gargle of hydraulic** oil round my feet, plus no steering!

If that had happened on the County road, especially on a roundabout for instance  .  .  .

Even 12mph would have been scary fast.

**actually Super Universal tractor oil I believe, but will check.

Edited by difflock
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Johny Walker said:

Prob thinking I can beat that old tractor🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Make sure the useless copper you get puts a request in on his mobile phone data, last smash i got caught in, insisted they did. Stupid girl was midway into a call 😡 K

• Like 2