How do I recognise ash?

wanstronian

If somebody feels hard done by, which I would imagine he did, and you expect that you are getting a right slagging off somewhere, it's pretty much irresistible to return to fight your corner. Bit harsh to call it dishonesty IMO

Did i call him dishonest:confused1:

Ok, i will call him unreliable.

He would be the guy, after asking all the questions he has, and being satisfied with the answers, would order say a "cube of seasoned below 22% moisture, ash logs at £80 delivered".

The supplier would then deliver said load of logs, get them on the floor on his drive then, he would turn around and say "they are too big for my stove, im not buying them"

Yes, unreliable, is how i see him.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it is, he should just buy some of this "Ash", stick it on the fire.

If it burns great!!! order more!!

If its crap ring the supplier, if he is concerned about your lack of satisfaction try and come to some sort of arraignment with him, if he not interested tell him he's a crook and you will not be using him again!!

The way I see it is, he should just buy some of this "Ash", stick it on the fire.

If it burns great!!! order more!!

If its crap ring the supplier, if he is concerned about your lack of satisfaction try and come to some sort of arraignment with him, if he not interested tell him he's a crook and you will not be using him again!!

In other words, just like everybody else does :thumbup1:

Hilarious thread! When I read the initial post I was going to reply "well it er, looks like ash" !

To us it's like spotting a 2 pence piece amoungst a pocketful of change - so easy we can't be arsed to put the mental energy into helping someone ID it. Fast identification only comes with experience imo; books and pictures don't give the smell, feel and visual confirmation it takes us a blink to do. Poor threader! I once asked a question re hollow-tine-aeration on the forum Pitchcare and had such a load of abuse back! Point is I just laughed. Moral of this thread imo - a sense of humour is essential. Laughing at oneself is healthy.

lol-058.gif

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

at the end of the day, we have all had a verbal bashing on here for one reason or another, its all part of the initiation process, and most of us are still here.

why

cos thats what happens in our industry.

whatever your are selling, there will always be customers which are annoying and picky, and we only have so much patience for them before the get passed over to someone else.

i talk to other companies in the area and we all know the PITA customers and do have a laugh at them about the ridiculous stuff we have to go through for them.

i'm sure machinery suppliers do the same with us, although we are GREAT customers:thumbup:

Wanstronian...

If you are near me I will gladly give you FOC a bulk bag of two year undercover seasoned mixed hardwood, guaranteed on or below 22% moisture content

Just to set the standard so you know what to expect :001_smile:

Thats a very generous offer indeed!

A customer who likes to know what they're buying is only a pain to a dishonest seller.

Now I really am going. There's no point staying on a forum where an honest and legitimate desire to learn is met with criticism and abuse.

Good luck with those aggression issues.

Ciao, our sympathies to the next salesperson you have to interrogate, before you can trust him and or the product, the quantity, the value for money, the size, the weight, the delivery time...........:001_tt2: