The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

So how many of you guys own only your wee chipper?

I only own my wee chipper bit it's not too bad really, I occasionally want for something with feed rollers for knarlier timber such as Scots pine and ash but it'll take 4-5" all day and will happily do 12-16 cube in a day provided you don't have to travel far to tip it. Yes I take a few more logs away but I have plenty of places for logs including for my self and due to running a tipper trailer, most of the time I can get everything in 1-2 loads. I am looking to upgrade soon as I have a few larger jobs where the wee chipper will just slow it down but if I didn't I'd probably just keep running what I have

i'm running a small chipper now (gte type machine) which has opened up more work now i'm looking to either upgrade to a cs100 or possibly a second hand timberwolf tw125, trouble is nearly all of my work has been with crap access so i'm edging towards the cs100 with the trailer and my thoughts are to hire in a larger chipper as and when needed. Also if the wood is large enough then its fire wood and i'm not in the habit of chipping up money. the point which i should of mentioned with my original post was to see how you guys are getting on with just your cs100's so i don't make a crap investment basically.

Edited by northman

i'm running a small chipper now (gte type machine) which has opened up more work now i'm looking to either upgrade to a cs100 or possibly a second hand timberwolf tw125, trouble is nearly all of my work has been with crap access so i'm edging towards the cs100 with the trailer and my thoughts are to hire in a larger chipper as and when needed. Also if the wood is large enough then its fire wood and i'm not in the habit of chipping up money. the point which i should of mentioned with my original post was to see how you guys are getting on with just your cs100's so i don't make a crap investment basically.

Why not save up for a tw125 or older entec ch25 and keep what you have, you'll have best of both worlds then

Thats one of my considerations, i probably shouldn't be so negative but I'm thinking will I find it a waist of money if I'm using the wee chipper 95% if the time so I'd rather invest in much better quality kit that's gonna get regular use.

You'll probably find once you move up in size you'll not want to use the smaller machine when you see how much faster things can be done. Another thing to bear in mind that used equipment (if decent) usually doesn't depreciate much if at all so it's not a cost to buy something, just a tool that's got money tied up in it until you sell it.

Well that's my theory anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

My first chipper was a cs100, was great, after a few years I bought a mates tracked 6" Jensen from him, sold the cs100, after a couple of years I bought a cs100 again a few months ago and not used the Jensen since! I find the Jensen so heavy to drag around, the cs100 works great for me, got it on a roller trailer.