The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Anyone had/having trouble with the choke on a Greenmech CS100? Mine seems to vibrate on when in use and causes machine to cut out, which is getting a pain in the arse. Was thinking a quick fix with an elastic band so I can still use it to fire it up from cold 🤔

I think it's the engine design rather than the chippers fault. Had a timberwolf with the same engine that did that. Get a bungee strap with a hook on either end and put one end through the ring for the choke and one around the front of the engine to wherever it can hook on and problem solved

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Anybody have any reviews on these??

Venom by rock machinery. 13hp with a b&s motor.

To be used for reductions and smaller stuff until I can afford a real chipper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262546130836

Yeah I have one, 13hp Briggs & Stratton engine, the hopper and discharge chute are made from 2mm sheet steel and the actual drum housing and chassis/frame are 4mm. That IMO is a heavy duty as it needs to be, make it from heavier gauge steel and the overall weight will go up. The welding isn't the neatest but I didn't buy it for it's asthetics.

The only reservation I would have is the quality of the steel used for the actual blades, I don't have mine very long and so far the chipper has done everything I've asked of it, chipping Leylandii, Ash, Sycamore, Scots Pine, Laurel and Hawthorn.

I have a short demo video on Youtube. At the price I can't fault it, it's about£3.5K cheaper than a Greenmech CS100 with 16hp and a Honda engine and £3k cheaper than a JoBeau M300 which has a (the same?) 13hp Briggs & Stratton engine

There isn't a lot to go wrong on a mini chipper as they all pretty much operate on the same system, i.e gravity fed and a twin rotating blade/single fixed anvil chipper, really you're looking at the reliability of engine, blades and drum bearings, the Briggs & Stratton should be fine, the blades, well I'll put a question mark over them and bearings? if you're concerned swap them out for high quality bearing at the start, how much are high quality bearings? £20 -30?

Yeah I have one, 13hp Briggs & Stratton engine, the hopper and discharge chute are made from 2mm sheet steel and the actual drum housing and chassis/frame are 4mm. That IMO is a heavy duty as it needs to be, make it from heavier gauge steel and the overall weight will go up. The welding isn't the neatest but I didn't buy it for it's asthetics.

The only reservation I would have is the quality of the steel used for the actual blades, I don't have mine very long and so far the chipper has done everything I've asked of it, chipping Leylandii, Ash, Sycamore, Scots Pine, Laurel and Hawthorn.

I have a short demo video on Youtube. At the price I can't fault it, it's about£3.5K cheaper than a Greenmech CS100 with 16hp and a Honda engine and £3k cheaper than a JoBeau M300 which has a (the same?) 13hp Briggs & Stratton engine

There isn't a lot to go wrong on a mini chipper as they all pretty much operate on the same system, i.e gravity fed and a twin rotating blade/single fixed anvil chipper, really you're looking at the reliability of engine, blades and drum bearings, the Briggs & Stratton should be fine, the blades, well I'll put a question mark over them and bearings? if you're concerned swap them out for high quality bearing at the start, how much are high quality bearings? £20 -30?

It cannot be £3K cheaper as the M300 is £3500, the new M250 is £2200.

Ah that's got all the optional extras, not sure how long ago that was.

Undoubtedly when it comes time to sell, a used Jo Beau or Greenmech will hold their price and they're proven where the cheaper Chinese built chippers will have little or no value and are as yet unproven. That said for what I paid and the amount of manual labour it has saved I'm perfectly happy and I did end up getting at least a Briggs & Stratton engine. I figured there isn't an awful lot to go wrong with the actual chipping unit as mini chippers in general are all as basic as it gets, what is it, a twin bladed rotating drum running on 2 bearings and driven by a couple of V belts.