Husqvarna 550xpg - running Issues

elfie

13 minutes ago, elfie said:

Ive not pulled the carb out yet as was hoping not to do this..possibly a New Years job top the list.  I would have thought that with sufficient flushing an running it would have gotten rid of the oil ?

Think yr New Years job is pushing ' that mate' in the canal  ☺️ K

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Did you say the saw has been run with chain oil in it, and if so how long? chain oil can cause ring gumming so lowering compression, if it's not been run the I would suspect the non return valve in the main jet. What bloody idiot did this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, adw said:

Did you say the saw has been run with chain oil in it, and if so how long? chain oil can cause ring gumming so lowering compression, if it's not been run the I would suspect the non return valve in the main jet. What bloody idiot did this?

You,d be surprised how many "idiots" do it,had a few people in last 12 mths ask me to take a look at thier saw cos it wont run,and its this problem,luckily the ones i,ve looked at have all run fine after a good flushing out

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I use the stihl combi cans with the press in filler valves. I live in fear of putting my tip in the wrong hole. 😂

I did slip mine in the wrong hole, luckily it was the better way round with the oil tank full of petrol.

Edited by Toad

19 minutes ago, gary112 said:

You,d be surprised how many "idiots" do it,had a few people in last 12 mths ask me to take a look at thier saw cos it wont run,and its this problem,luckily the ones i,ve looked at have all run fine after a good flushing out

I had to strip and clean the carb on a Chinese top handle that had chain oil in the fuel tank. It was like glue in the metering side and it smoked like a goodun for a while after it started but it was fine after it settled down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paddy1000111 said:

AFAIK the leaving it in choke idling for >90 seconds and making full bar cuts is a stihl reset and tune. I think you can only reset a husky with the diagnostics tool?

have you pulled the carb and cleaned it?

I thought the Stihl was to let it idle  but not got an Mtronic Stihl  so don't really know ..  Husky is definitely bury the bar in the cut for a few mins .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1