Work 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

SamanthaSunny

1 hour ago, SamanthaSunny said:

Thanks will 🙂 someone called Mark after Christmas x

Not Scouser Maaahhhhrrrrkk from Liverpuuuhhll! He pulls tyres off parked cars to use as crash mats 😆  but well done lass,  keep a combi spanner in yr pocket n you will be everyones favourite   😊  K

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Not Scouser Maaahhhhrrrrkk from Liverpuuuhhll! He pulls tyres off parked cars to use as crash mats 😆  but well done lass,  keep a combi spanner in yr pocket n you will be everyones favourite   😊  K

keep a combi spanner in yr pocket n you will be everyones favourite   😊  K

Not sure about that ? Tight trousers low cut top and a good flask of tea that can be roped up a tree. Start as you mean go go on and god forbid they are on this forum as will need a good sense of humour at least. Just keep it as some chap called mark sammy cause they are nosey bunch on here. K thinks he is a barrister late at night (on the bottle) 

unnamed.jpg.47a12c625a70b568eb9feff08c7e2dad.jpg

Edited by topchippyles
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

keep a combi spanner in yr pocket n you will be everyones favourite   😊  K

Not sure about that ? Tight trousers low cut top and a good flask of tea that can be roped up a tree. Start as you mean go go on and god forbid they are on this forum as will need a good sense of humour at least. Just keep it as some chap called mark sammy cause they are nosey bunch on here. K thinks he is a barrister late at night (on the bottle) 

unnamed.jpg.47a12c625a70b568eb9feff08c7e2dad.jpg

Perhaps thats the kind of sexist stereotypes females can do without these days? 

Well done Sammy. :) Looking forward to seeing how things pan out for you. Im sure you'll impress the lads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good job, taken the initiative and paid off. I hope you will find that tree surgery is hard work but rewarding, for me it's been worth taking the plunge. I think those of us entering the industry at 40+ are never going to do certain types of work like pollarding London street trees, but there is plenty of other tree and garden work where we can do just fine. Just have to use our heads and play to our strengths.

I was going to say that Rich Rule and eggs have told you all you need to know but I thought of a couple more - have a dump before work, and learn how to tie a slip knot for sending things up the tree.

(Patrick at educatedclimber has a great page of knot videos)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Rich's advice is sound as usual, he did miss a bit mind. LEAVE THAT POXY PHONE IN THE VAN until brew, lunchtime.

Y'say that, but i used to always leave my phone in the van and a few weeks ago my mate stuffed a saw into his forearm and i had to frantically dash to the van to get my phone so i could call an ambulance. Now it's in my pocket all the time again.

4 hours ago, Khriss said:

Keep a combi spanner in yr pocket n you will be everyones favourite   😊  K

Combi spanner and a filing kit! 

(Most of our guys can't file a chain to save their lives.)

2 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I think those of us entering the industry at 40+ are never going to do certain types of work like pollarding London street trees.

We do all that for one of the borough councils. Mind numbing.

Edited by Moose McAlpine
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Y'say that, but i used to always leave my phonebin the van and a few weeks ago my mate stuffed a saw into his forearm and i had to frantically dash to the van to get my phone so i could call an ambulance. Now it's in my pocket all the time again.

How often does that happen?, I work in many places/environments where having a phone is a total no no. We seem to get by ok.

45 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Y'say that, but i used to always leave my phonebin the van and a few weeks ago my mate stuffed a saw into his forearm and i had to frantically dash to the van to get my phone so i could call an ambulance. Now it's in my pocket all the time again.

Combi spanner and a filing kit! 

(Most of our guys can't file a chain to save their lives.)

We do all that for one of the borough councils. Mind numbing.

DON,T carry a spanner in you pocket,i fell arse over tit with one in my pocket years ago,got up and felt summat a bit sore and it was stuck in my leg about inch and half deep,bit sore to say the least

• Like 3
  • Sad 1