Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

Just now, Mesterh said:

Didn't you say that you were not wearing a mask when you could get away with it and that you were actively not distancing? That goes against all medical science so I would say that yes you are putting your family at risk.

Yes, I do try and avoid wearing a mask and yes Im not activly distancing. What risk am I putting my family in? Yet again we have had C-19, confirmed by the NHS. As its been repeatedly stated the vast and I mean vast majority of those that have any serious reaction to C-19 are the very old, the very fat and those who fall into these categories and also have underlying health issues. Thats why the average age of people dying from C-19 in the UK is 82, kinda the same as the common cold. 

And no, it does not go against 'all medical science'. 

WWW.BBC.COM

Scientists warn of the "devastating" effect of Covid-19 policies, calling for a return to normal for healthy people.

1 minute ago, Mesterh said:

If I thought like you do I would have gotten my family out of this country a long time ago otherwise I'm putting them at risk of living in a genocidall controlling government.

Where have I stated the government is genocidal? You putting words in my mouth and using hyperbole to create a Strawman. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

What would have been enough ?? Marching to London defacing statues and memorials. Carrying out illegal activities to get my point across ??? Sorry to dissspoint you but that's just not possible as well you know. My sister looks after my mother whom has dementia so don't bloody lecture me on care of the elderly and real common sense ok. I've seen and heard the effect of the initial lockdown on her first hand. Quite frankly the cure is far worse that the illness by a huge margin. On a good day even a 75 year old dementia sufferer can voice the opinion that this is bullshit and she'd happily take her chances. The actions and options you describe are utterly ridiculous quite frankly. As for distancing and masks and lockdowns the ineffectiveness of it all are blatantly obvious or we wouldn't be back where we are 7 -8 months later. 

Ok, sorry to hear that but what would you do if you were in charge?

I'm sure a lot of other vulnerable people wouldn't like to take their chances so how would you protect them? I think there are about 3 million of them in the UK plus there dependants.

5 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Didn't you say that you were not wearing a mask when you could get away with it and that you were actively not distancing? That goes against all medical science so I would say that yes you are putting your family at risk.

If I thought like you do I would have gotten my family out of this country a long time ago otherwise I'm putting them at risk of living in a genocidall controlling government.

If I thought Sweden was the last safe haven on the planet I would be posting from there. 

Genocidal government??? 

When was that mentioned. Who's science ?? There are loads of views and data you hear nothing of. ( Check ONS stats for flu this winter for starters) Many many families and friends are taking zero notice of these restrictions and using their own judgement and real common sense, something we should have been encouraged and allowed to do from day one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Ok, sorry to hear that but what would you do if you were in charge?

I'm sure a lot of other vulnerable people wouldn't like to take their chances so how would you protect them? I think there are about 3 million of them in the UK plus there dependants.

Briefly as it would take a long time and in reality I don't have all the answers but unlike our bloody power hungry politicians and scientists enjoying the limelight I'd not pretend to know what to do regardless of the consequences or past evidence undermining my argument. 

Guidance rather than legislation and fines, financial help for the carers, let the fit and healthy and those statistically unlikely to be effected by the virus carry on and sustain the economy. The damage the course taken so far has caused a level of damage that is  up to now incalculable. Lockdown restrictions do not work because so many people secretly ignore them – and with good reason - The Independent
https://apple.news/ABtEbwG-HRZ6EWRlakfsulg 

Few bits of info that sort of put this into perspective for me anyway. Like a lie once told is how I'd describe the reaction to the virus. 

IMG_0016.PNG

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

I really don’t see what the problem is here. If you really think this is a hoax then what exactly is so difficult about putting on a mask, washing your hand, and staying 2m from people is it really so difficult? Who exactly is going to laugh at you?

I mean you could call it mind control or something like that, but if you looked at it like norovirus just instead about 1 in 200 people die. Is this really really too hard to bare

FFS there is a bunch of nonsense being talked here, my sister in law is a nurse, she normally does post operative care for people that are coming out of surgery, not any more - she is nursing people dying. Now as a nurse she won’t be judgemental about their general all round health, I might be – that is why I am not a Doctor, but best leave my prejudices here.

What this means is that anyone but ANYONE that you know that needs surgery of any kind is on a longer queue than they need to be. This is not because we have a national health service that is crap it is because we have run out of nurses and doctors.

So please, just wash your hands, wear a mask and avoid crowded places. Use your brains and if you don’t believe any of this – just go and talk to someone dealing with the fallout of people that don’t wear masks, don’t wash their hands, and go to crowded places. 

Medical professionals are tired and a bit fed up with people that don’t think about this a norovirus on steroids and seem to have a problem with keeping people alive to live their lives to the full and their own.

The child, grandfather, sibling or partner that isn’t getting the care they need is because people aren’t using their brains – it is down to how all of us behave.

I ask again what exactly is so difficult about washing hands, wearing masks and avoiding crowded spaces and just behaving like a grown up responsible human being?

Edited by Rushes
font size
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rushes said:

I really don’t see what the problem is here. If you really think this is a hoax then what exactly is so difficult about putting on a mask, washing your hand, and staying 2m from people is it really so difficult? Who exactly is going to laugh at you?

I mean you could call it mind control or something like that, but if you looked at it like norovirus just instead about 1 in 200 people die. Is this really really too hard to bare

FFS there is a bunch of nonsense being talked here, my sister in law is a nurse, she normally does post operative care for people that are coming out of surgery, not any more - she is nursing people dying. Now as a nurse she won’t be judgemental about their general all round health, I might be – that is why I am not a Doctor, but best leave my prejudices here.

What this means is that anyone but ANYONE that you know that needs surgery of any kind is on a longer queue than they need to be. This is not because we have a national health service that is crap it is because we have run out of nurses and doctors.

So please, just wash your hands, wear a mask and avoid crowded places. Use your brains and if you don’t believe any of this – just go and talk to someone dealing with the fallout of people that don’t wear masks, don’t wash their hands, and go to crowded places. 

Medical professionals are tired and a bit fed up with people that don’t think about this a norovirus on steroids and seem to have a problem with keeping people alive to live their lives to the full and their own.

The child, grandfather, sibling or partner that isn’t getting the care they need is because people aren’t using their brains – it is down to how all of us behave.

I ask again what exactly is so difficult about washing hands, wearing masks and avoiding crowded spaces and just behaving like a grown up responsible human being?

Go to the beginning of the whole series of posts on this topic read it then re read what you have just wrote. Then firstly explain why the actions that are being taken are for a illness that is nowhere near the biggest cause of death on a weekly basis in the U.K.. 

Actualy just read the below post by big J. Pretty much sums up my attitude to this whole mess. 

Edited by Johnsond

I'm not going to get embroiled in the last few pages of contributions as I haven't the time, but all I'll say is that I've been in Sweden for the past week and Christ it's nice to be somewhere that is largely normal. 

Not looking forward to returning to the poorly judged action, ill considered reaction situation we have in the UK. 

The Swedes are proud of taking personal responsibility to keep their distance, wash their hands and avoid personal contact. They are experiencing the start of a second wave too, but the case rate increase is far slower and is yet to exceed their spring peak. In the UK, ours is already 4-5 times higher.

I don't dispute that the disease is dangerous for certain demographics, nor dispute the need for social distancing measures. What I challenge is this enforced extreme restriction of social liberty. I obviously accept that the Swedes are much more sensible that the Brits but are we that stupid that we couldn't have made something similar work here? The Exchequer is paying out over £40,000,000,000 a month in Corona virus support presently and the eventual cost of that to the taxpayer will result in poverty that will cause far greater suffering than covid 19 ever could

Edited by Big J
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

I'm not going to get embroiled in the last few pages of contributions as I haven't the time, but all I'll say is that I've been in Sweden for the past week and Christ it's nice to be somewhere that is largely normal. 

Not looking forward to returning to the poorly judged action, ill considered reaction situation we have in the UK. 

The Swedes are proud of taking personal responsibility to keep their distance, wash their hands and avoid personal contact. They are experiencing the start of a second wave too, but the case rate increase is far slower and is yet to exceed their spring peak. In the UK, ours is already 4-5 times higher.

I don't dispute that the disease is dangerous for certain demographics, nor dispute the need for social distancing measures. What I challenge is this enforced extreme restriction of social liberty. I obviously accept that the Swedes are much more sensible that the Brits but are we that stupid that we couldn't have made something similar work here? The Exchequer is paying out over £40,000,000,000 a month in Corona virus support presently and the eventual cost of that to the taxpayer will result in poverty that will cause far greater suffering than covid 19 ever could

The biggest issue now J is that it's more about politics than the virus. ( look on here and you see the left/right argument pumped out repeatedly) The ability to handle any given situation that develops regarding covid is hampered by the political angle that every move has to consider. Rather than approach it as Nation trying to tackle an issue  we have daily bitch fights and slanging matches in the media from different political parties trying to score points. Quite frankly I feel the publics faith and respect for our so called leaders is at a deserved low. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnsond said:

So Mark 

I take it you have no misgivings at the current level of regs being thrown out and the expectations of us all doing as instructed. ?  

I know speaking to my 4 kids living down there and  my family  members of all ages in Ashington, Lynemouth and your own town that this is far from the opinion they have !!  

My cousin whom is a paramedic down there is having to watch his father fade away in a home with zero human interaction and contact due to these restrictions. The moral high ground is not the sole property of those whom believe that the defeat of covid should come at any cost be it mental, physical or financial. 

I have huge misgivings about the way this has been handled from the outset.