Jump to content
Acerforestry

Covid 19 inconsistencies

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Doing what Im told, ie following the current instructions of the Government is going to protect my family to the utmost. So yes, the welfare of my family is paramount. Where there to be instructions that I felt put my family at risk I would not follow them, an example would be forced vaccination of my family for C-19. This is not the case yet but we certainly seem to be heading down that road. There is nothing the Government is suggesting I/we do that would harm my family, when did I indicate that was the case? 

 

Ive stated Im not happy following the ever increasing restrictions that have been put in place for what I believe is no good reason. Ive not once mentioned following these restrictions put me or my family at risk.

 

And as Ive mentioned before, my family has had a confirmed C-19 via the NHS. Ive covered this here before. But the beauty of this crock is empirical evidence is worthless becuase somebody somewhere might not be so 'lucky'. 

 

There is certainly people that need to sheild from C-19, the very old, the very sick and those with underlying health conditions. The average age of people dying from C-19 in the UK is 82 and a half. Look at what we're doing to the uk over cased of people essentially getting the flu and dying from it, like what happens year in year out. Where was the 'shielding' for all the coffin dodgers for the last 20 years? Only now has it become an issue? 

 

And then we have Sweden bucking the trend and showing the world what an utter crock of BS this all really is. 

So, be nice, play the game, in a year or so all the old and vulnerable people will have managed deaths, instead of a pulmonary struggle to the bitter end.

I'm inclined to do what I can to help my fellow man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

So, be nice, play the game,

As I said, I am, for the most part. I really dont have a choice if I wanna put food on the table. I dont have to agree with it or remain silent about it either. But the reality of it is most folk round me are just ignoring it all. We still have folk over, we still all shake hands, we all stand side-by-side and have a blether. The Council Contractors are working outside the house just now. Road closed jobbie. All carrying on as if it never happened, which is quite encouraging really. Happy for me to pop down, have a chat, see whats going on and bring them brews. They even dug a tree out I was wanting rid of for me, which was nice. 

 

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

in a year or so all the old and vulnerable people will have managed deaths, instead of a pulmonary struggle to the bitter end.

I dont agree with that. It seems like more and more old folk dont agree with that either. A 'managed' death? What even is that? Sounds like something Aldous Huxley coined. The old dont seem to want a 'managed' isolated death protracted over a long and fruitless period of time. They want their loved ones around them.

 

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I'm inclined to do what I can to help my fellow man.

Apart from pay a fair amount of tax, obviously. 

Edited by trigger_andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

As I said, I am, for the most part. I really dont have a choice if I wanna put food on the table. I dont have to agree with it or remain silent about it either. But the reality of it is most folk round me are just ignoring it all. We still have folk over, we still all shake hands, we all stand side-by-side and have a blether. The Council Contractors are working outside the house just now. Road closed jobbie. All carrying on as if it never happened, which is quite encouraging really. Happy for me to pop down, have a chat, see whats going on and bring them brews. They even dug a tree out I was wanting rid of for me, which was nice. 

 

I dont agree with that. It seems like more and more old folk dont agree with that either. A 'managed' death? What even is that? Sounds like something Aldous Huxley coined. The old dont seem to want a 'managed' isolated death protracted over a long and fruitless period of time. They want their loved ones around them.

 

Apart from pay a fair amount of tax, obviously. 

You remind me of the cat that keeps shitting in my backyard.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. So apart from voicing your options on social media and not wearing a mask your doing nothing at all productive to improve things.

 

I was expecting far better tbh.

 

No one is ok with the restrictions, why would they be? No one wants to distance, wear a mask or be subject to lockdown. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't make it wrong. I realised that when I grew up.

 

How do we shield the old and vulnerable, realistically? The only way would be to lock them all together in a warehouse and throw a food parcel in now and then. Nice plan.

 

What happens to those that depend or care for the vulnerable is another matter altogether. You do realise that some vulnerable people have children/parents that live with them, some children/parents rely on them for income, some children/parents look after and care for them. How many people do we need to lock in a cell? A good few million at the very least. That or distance, wear a mask and and have a bit of 'real' common sense. 

 

I don't want to argue with you lads as that doesn't get us anywhere I was just interested as to what you are actively doing to chance the situation we are all in or to get yourselves out of it.

 

I just feel that while people are fighting this they are just prolonging the situation and causing more suffering. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mesterh said:

Ok. So apart from voicing your options on social media and not wearing a mask your doing nothing at all productive to improve things.

To whom are you referring or is it just a general rant? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mark J said:

So, be nice, play the game, in a year or so all the old and vulnerable people will have managed deaths, instead of a pulmonary struggle to the bitter end.

I'm inclined to do what I can to help my fellow man.

 

So Mark 

I take it you have no misgivings at the current level of regs being thrown out and the expectations of us all doing as instructed. ?  

I know speaking to my 4 kids living down there and  my family  members of all ages in Ashington, Lynemouth and your own town that this is far from the opinion they have !!  

My cousin whom is a paramedic down there is having to watch his father fade away in a home with zero human interaction and contact due to these restrictions. The moral high ground is not the sole property of those whom believe that the defeat of covid should come at any cost be it mental, physical or financial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Doing what Im told, ie following the current instructions of the Government is going to protect my family to the utmost. So yes, the welfare of my family is paramount. Where there to be instructions that I felt put my family at risk I would not follow them, an example would be forced vaccination of my family for C-19. This is not the case yet but we certainly seem to be heading down that road. There is nothing the Government is suggesting I/we do that would harm my family, when did I indicate that was the case? 

 

Ive stated Im not happy following the ever increasing restrictions that have been put in place for what I believe is no good reason. Ive not once mentioned following these restrictions put me or my family at risk.

 

And as Ive mentioned before, my family has had a confirmed C-19 via the NHS. Ive covered this here before. But the beauty of this crock is empirical evidence is worthless becuase somebody somewhere might not be so 'lucky'. 

 

There is certainly people that need to sheild from C-19, the very old, the very sick and those with underlying health conditions. The average age of people dying from C-19 in the UK is 82 and a half. Look at what we're doing to the uk over cased of people essentially getting the flu and dying from it, like what happens year in year out. Where was the 'shielding' for all the coffin dodgers for the last 20 years? Only now has it become an issue? 

 

And then we have Sweden bucking the trend and showing the world what an utter crock of BS this all really is. 

Didn't you say that you were not wearing a mask when you could get away with it and that you were actively not distancing? That goes against all medical science so I would say that yes you are putting your family at risk.

 

If I thought like you do I would have gotten my family out of this country a long time ago otherwise I'm putting them at risk of living in a genocidall controlling government.

 

If I thought Sweden was the last safe haven on the planet I would be posting from there. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Ok. So apart from voicing your options on social media and not wearing a mask your doing nothing at all productive to improve things.

 

I was expecting far better tbh.

 

No one is ok with the restrictions, why would they be? No one wants to distance, wear a mask or be subject to lockdown. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't make it wrong. I realised that when I grew up.

 

How do we shield the old and vulnerable, realistically? The only way would be to lock them all together in a warehouse and throw a food parcel in now and then. Nice plan.

 

What happens to those that depend or care for the vulnerable is another matter altogether. You do realise that some vulnerable people have children/parents that live with them, some children/parents rely on them for income, some children/parents look after and care for them. How many people do we need to lock in a cell? A good few million at the very least. That or distance, wear a mask and and have a bit of 'real' common sense. 

 

I don't want to argue with you lads as that doesn't get us anywhere I was just interested as to what you are actively doing to chance the situation we are all in or to get yourselves out of it.

 

I just feel that while people are fighting this they are just prolonging the situation and causing more suffering. 

 

 

 

What would have been enough ?? Marching to London defacing statues and memorials. Carrying out illegal activities to get my point across ??? Sorry to dissspoint you but that's just not possible as well you know. My sister looks after my mother whom has dementia so don't bloody lecture me on care of the elderly and real common sense ok. I've seen and heard the effect of the initial lockdown on her first hand. Quite frankly the cure is far worse that the illness by a huge margin. On a good day even a 75 year old dementia sufferer can voice the opinion that this is bullshit and she'd happily take her chances. The actions and options you describe are utterly ridiculous quite frankly. As for distancing and masks and lockdowns the ineffectiveness of it all are blatantly obvious or we wouldn't be back where we are 7 -8 months later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

To whom are you referring or is it just a general rant? 

Just a generall rant to anyone that can be arsed to read it. I can't type and quote as fast as you lads. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.