US elections 2020

Big J

Who would you rather have running your country?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have running your country?

• Trump
    • Biden
    • A smartly dressed turnip

24 minutes ago, Stubby said:

What do the call a swede in Cornwall Kev ?

Are you pulling my chain Mr S?

A swede is called a turnip. 

Was your intended question - what do they call a turnip?

It just gets weirder at this point.....

A turnip is a turnip but that can mean swede OR turnip ???

I know, and I live here ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

They're called turnips up here too.

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I thought it was all the Celts who called swede a turnip and vice versa.  My wife, from Cambeltown in Argyll,  always says turnip when I say swede. Strange people the Celts.

Edited by David Cropper
  • Like 1

I have to say, he’d be quite justified in doing so. It IS fake news and he’s every justification for calling any journo that perpetuates it (like C4 News last night) a total liar. 

That said, given the options J has presented, I’d go turnip and then call the vote invalid on the basis that the wrong turnip has been elected. 

In Cornwall, a turnip is what might generally be called a swede everywhere else this opening the avenue for a mid-count!
I sort of get what you mean
"President Trump recommended injecting disinfectant to cure coronavirus" = fake news, but that doesn't let him off the hook.

Based on my viewing of the press conference video and transcript of his words he did make a whole series of remarks about things the doctors should look into - which were at best ill thought through and unscientific to the point of ridiculous, at worst extremely irresponsible and dangerous. He is a head of state, he should know better.

Disinfectant kills virus in a minute, it kills all sorts of other pathogens too but we can't use it inside bodies. We'd have no infectious diseases in the world if we could, malaria, smallpox, cholera, TB, HIV, influenza, why stop with coronavirus? We simply need to kill the germs inside the body.

He's made other remarks about using anti-biotics and the virus being cunning which are just bonkers too. And suggested using drugs which have not been tested.

Bonkers.
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I sort of get what you mean
"President Trump recommended injecting disinfectant to cure coronavirus" = fake news, but that doesn't let him off the hook.

Based on my viewing of the press conference video and transcript of his words he did make a whole series of remarks about things the doctors should look into - which were at best ill thought through and unscientific to the point of ridiculous, at worst extremely irresponsible and dangerous. He is a head of state, he should know better.

Disinfectant kills virus in a minute, it kills all sorts of other pathogens too but we can't use it inside bodies. We'd have no infectious diseases in the world if we could, malaria, smallpox, cholera, TB, HIV, influenza, why stop with coronavirus? We simply need to kill the germs inside the body.

He's made other remarks about using anti-biotics and the virus being cunning which are just bonkers too. And suggested using drugs which have not been tested.

Bonkers.

Have you got an authoritative source for these bonkers suggestions?

Not a media reported interpretation of what he said but rather the first person transcript. 

Granted, it does appear, from the reporting, that he is as daft as a fish but is it the reporting or is it what he actually said. 

Genuinely, I’m open to be convinced one way or the other but it has to be first person recorded script not what has been ‘reported.’