Covid-19

Baldbloke

Someone yesterday said to me never buying anything made in China again. Maybe he won't ever get a new smartphone. Is there one without any components made in China?

A lot of people have said that. Myself included I expect. Unless we intend on living in a cave we’ve little chance of not buying a product that has in some way been made at least partially in China. But we can sure express our disdain for Chine and limit as much as practicably possible our purchases from there. It won’t last though, we’re too greedy.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

Especially when a lot of those grandparents should be shielding!

just to add my wife’s school is planning on half size classes for years 10 and 12 only. And that might be on a week on week off rotation.

I'm not sure I'd want my Mrs going back to teach kids at the moment, the little darlings seem to be carriers but rarely affected by the virus. I'm guessing that risk assessments will be put in place?

39 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm not sure I'd want my Mrs going back to teach kids at the moment, the little darlings seem to be carriers but rarely affected by the virus. I'm guessing that risk assessments will be put in place?

Yes I’m not that thrilled at the prospect. She has asthma for one.

it seems like there are quite big arguments going on between the upper management about safety. It’s a big issue because when full the school has 1500 plus kids and 150 or so staff.

Just now, Richard 1234 said:

Yes I’m not that thrilled at the prospect. She has asthma for one.

it seems like there are quite big arguments going on between the upper management about safety. It’s a big issue because when full the school has 1500 plus kids and 150 or so staff.

Its mental. Most bugs and illnesses families get seem to come from Schools. To put the Kids back to School and then to bring it home seems ludicrous. Might as well completely end the lock-down, which I for one dont have much of an issue with. 

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Its mental. Most bugs and illnesses families get seem to come from Schools. To put the Kids back to School and then to bring it home seems ludicrous. Might as well completely end the lock-down, which I for one dont have much of an issue with. 

It seems the country is split in two halves,

those who want the lockdown lifted this weekend

and those of us who've still got a f&@£:&g brain.

• Like 3

Just now, eggsarascal said:

It seems the country is split in two halves,

those who want the lockdown lifted this weekend

and those of us who've still got a f&@£:&g brain.

Well thats certainly an opinion you've very welcome to hold. I agree that those most vulnerable should be self isolating. The Old(er), the fat, those with medical conditions that catching Big 'Rona might well kill them. Keep those ones safely wrapped in Cotton Wool. But let the rest of the UK back to work, back to School and back to getting on with it. 

The thing is the virus is not affecting me that much. Im doing everything I would normally do anyway. The only difference is longer trips away, but also significantly more pay. So my views on this is not from a selfish point of view, just the way I see it. Where I to view this mess from a selfish POV Id say keep the lock down going. Another round of Over Time when I next go back to work is most welcome. ;)