Who buys gold

eggsarascal

14 minutes ago, Ratman said:

I can ask her for ya if ya want, but shes currently stuck in quarantine on the old banana boat with a pack full of masks on her face! You might get it a week on tuesday gone monday!

Whats this ,i can ask her, that is not politically correct, it should read i can ask it !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I miss read that initially Egger!  I read it as "he wanted to cash in and LEAVE his wife"

That'll teach me eh....

I do try to only use small words so you can keep up, like.

back to my old mate, there's no shortage of money, but he doesn't want his wife hoarding crap, (his words) when it could be money in the bank. There are a few classic American cars to go, don't ask me what make/model they are, I struggle to indentify English motors.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I do try to only use small words so you can keep up, like.

back to my old mate, there's no shortage of money, but he doesn't want his wife hoarding crap, (his words) when it could be money in the bank. There are a few classic American cars to go, don't ask me what make/model they are, I struggle to indentify English motors.

Money in the bank ain't worth a toss at the moment Egger, and if things carry on it'll end up COSTING money to have money in the bank!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Money in the bank ain't worth a toss at the moment Egger, and if things carry on it'll end up COSTING money to have money in the bank!

You know what I meant, the money could be invested elsewhere. He's set his wife up anyway, They sold a big pitch, and bought two smaller houses, one is home the other up t'north on the coast near to their son. Knowing the ol' boy most of his tut will be under the bed, like yours.

• Haha 1

Metals has always been the safe haven when the markets are volatile. We're conditioned to think they hold no intrinsic value yet every nation on earth holds vast reserves. When your currency hits hyper inflation you're left with toilet paper (which these days might not be a bad thing) Hold Gold, Platinum, Palladium or Silver etc then you're protected.  

When I was born my Granddad put £500 in a bank account for me.  When I got the cash it was under £1000

If he bought Gold instead he'd have got nearly 4oz of the shiny. (Gold was about £130 an oz) At todays rate Id have over £4000. 

Gold is a store of wealth. Hang on to it if you can. Sell the cat or something. :D 

• Like 1

On 12/03/2020 at 11:35, doobin said:

If he wants a safe store that his missus can easily manage, then it may as well be in gold.

Another interesting point is taking currency over-sea's. You have to declare over a certain amount, yet you can be dripping in gold and platinum without so much as a raised eyebrow. 

Good to keep in mind for the zombie apocalypse we're facing. :D 

• Like 1