Covid-19

Ratman

15 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced key details of the scheme from February 15 after...

Things are getting literally out of hand. 10 year prison terms !!! These politicians are drunk on a mix of power and absolute subservient compliance. As has been said some will be applauding and nodding in admiration of such abuses of power. 

I have to disagree, they are tipsy on power and clueless. They are going to open these quarantine hotels next week yet the like of Premier Inn, and travel lodge bosses have been on the wireless today saying they weren't consulted until last Friday!, the reason for these new fangled hotels are due to the SA/Brazil variant. 

Well done! The SA variant was detected in the UK 50 days ago, the Brazilian 46 days ago... A tad slow off the mark again if they are going to do it.

• Like 4

No police coming to manhandle and shut down these fishermen selling Shrimp and Crab right off the boat. No masks or a care in sight. 

How grossly irresponsible and inconsiderate for other people’s grannies. They must be dying in their thousands here. 

oh wait, they’re not.....

2F5C746F-1A2C-419A-9D4F-62007C1EE052.jpeg

Edited by trigger_andy

I have to disagree, they are tipsy on power and clueless. They are going to open these quarantine hotels next week yet the like of Premier Inn, and travel lodge bosses have been on the wireless today saying they weren't consulted until last Friday!, the reason for these new fangled hotels are due to the SA/Brazil variant. 

Well done! The SA variant was detected in the UK 50 days ago, the Brazilian 46 days ago... A tad slow off the mark again if they are going to do it.
Too little, too late and poorly planned. Again. Like every single measure that our politicians have attempted to implement during this crisis. This should have been done a year ago, after proper consultation with all parties involved, the majority of whom have a far greater knowledge of what's required.
Accounts like you've heard on the wireless today smack of arrogance on the part of Boris and his little chums to me, it's more than just gross incompetence.

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

10 year jail  ??!!. 
like many things in life until it effects people personally then no ****************s will be given. 
By the time even the most ardent lock me down harder please and give me a double mask zealots realise where we have got too it will I genuinely think be too late. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

Too little, too late and poorly planned. Again. Like every single measure that our politicians have attempted to implement during this crisis. This should have been done a year ago, after proper consultation with all parties involved, the majority of whom have a far greater knowledge of what's required.
Accounts like you've heard on the wireless today smack of arrogance on the part of Boris and his little chums to me, it's more than just gross incompetence.

Which politicians?? 
Conservatives  in England 

SNP in Scotland 

Labour in Wales etc etc 

Enough would never have been enough for some, you being one of those types. 

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

10 year jail  ??!!. 
like many things in life until it effects people personally then no ****************s will be given. 
By the time even the most ardent lock me down harder please and give me a double mask zealots realise where we have got too it will I genuinely think be too late. 

Ten years jail is for lying on the form. Apparently it’s been copied over from another law for lying on forms so it’s not new and can be ignored I would think as they are incompetent and wouldn’t find out anyway. It’s a headline grabber to appease someone not sure who though?! And no I don’t agree with it.

6 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

10 year jail  ??!!. 

You know, well I think you do, it's an idle threat to send folk to jail for 10 years? It simply won't get through the law.

I'm not saying you, but I'm half sure if the government came out n said, "no one can wear a mask in public anymore", there would be a queue of those 'anti maskers" gluing masks to their faces in protest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

No police coming to manhandle and shut down these fishermen selling Shrimp and Crab right off the boat. No masks or a care in sight. 

How grossly irresponsible and inconsiderate for other people’s grannies. They must be dying in their thousands here. 

oh wait, they’re not.....

2F5C746F-1A2C-419A-9D4F-62007C1EE052.jpeg

Well they would not be as there is not a grannie in sight . However shrimps and crabs not wearing masks is ...well  just irresponsible sea food .  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

You know, well I think you do, it's an idle threat to send folk to jail for 10 years? It simply won't get through the law.

I'm not saying you, but I'm half sure if the government came out n said, "no one can wear a mask in public anymore", there would be a queue of those 'anti maskers" gluing masks to their faces in protest.

Most certainly no me I can assure you