Covid-19

Ratman

6 hours ago, Tommy_B said:

Erm. We're in the middle of a pandemic. If we weren't then its a different matter but I dont see the problem here 

So . If loadza people went to the shop to buy a tin of soup all would be well .  Some well meaning geezer is giving it away for free , crime of the century .  'kin bonkers .

• Like 7

Just now, Doug Tait said:

I really don't envy the Police having to enforce the changing confusion of covid laws.

The Scottish government seem to be on TV permanently saying 'you may only go out for essential reasons, only essential business is open'.

Yet you'll see car showrooms and the like open, and recently the rise of horsebox coffee stalls, the one local to me regularly has groups of people at it, 100m from the Police station.

Must be difficult to keep up with what you are enforcing as an Officer. 

I have yet to see a Bobby on the street. Ive seen one car in Forfar the whole last month off and they did not seem to have a care in the world. Almost all shops open and folk just going about their business, albeit with masks on when in store. 

If I seen a Horse Box Coffee Stall Id deffo stop by and support them. The Government certainly is not. 

Labours Shadow Attorney General let slip the real reason we're all still in lock-down yesterday. He called Covid ''a gift that keeps on giving to a bunch of City Lawyers as its making them all vast amounts of money. But of course now he regret's that choose of words. 

How people are still blind to whats going on is beyond me. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

I really don't envy the Police having to enforce the changing confusion of covid laws.

The Scottish government seem to be on TV permanently saying 'you may only go out for essential reasons, only essential business is open'.

Yet you'll see car showrooms and the like open, and recently the rise of horsebox coffee stalls, the one local to me regularly has groups of people at it, 100m from the Police station.

Must be difficult to keep up with what you are enforcing as an Officer. 

No I’d say not to tell the truth. Very very easy to show some common sense and compassion. Easy to say you understand but until your pay stops hitting the bank every month how can they truly truly know what it feels like. No difference to politicians and those other industries or businesses unaffected financially by lockdown. 

• Like 2

I have yet to see a Bobby on the street. Ive seen one car in Forfar the whole last month off and they did not seem to have a care in the world. Almost all shops open and folk just going about their business, albeit with masks on when in store. 

If I seen a Horse Box Coffee Stall Id deffo stop by and support them. The Government certainly is not. 

Labours Shadow Attorney General let slip the real reason we're all still in lock-down yesterday. He called Covid ''a gift that keeps on giving to a bunch of City Lawyers as its making them all vast amounts of money. But of course now he regret's that choose of words. 

As one of the enlightened, (and yet with self-proclaimed respect for CV-19), could you tell the rest of us poor sheep what is really going on please? Tens of thousands of people are literally dying to know the real truth.
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, woodwizzard said:

Words fail me! What has this country become like?

What I find interesting there is the use of cuffs (apart from the blindingly inappropriate arrest of course.)

There must be an “objective basis” to justify the use of force. Aspects which might influence that justification are the age, gender, attitude, number of offenders in relation to police numbers etc, etc. 

The NPCC guidance is here:

https://www.npcc.police.uk/documents/FoI publication/Disclosure Logs/Uniformed Operations FOI/2013/003 13 Att 15 of 15 Guidance on the Use of Handcuffs.pdf

Ive read it previously because I’ve often thought that, should I ever find myself in similar circumstances, the apparent presumption that handcuffing me (especially if no “objective basis” was apparent) would likely turn me from a laid back, casual pacifist into a demented madman. 

It’s so wrong that so many people seem to acquiesce with absolutely no protest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

No I’d say not to tell the truth. Very very easy to show some common sense and compassion.

We are very fortunate in my area that the Police mostly show plenty of common sense and compassion. The local beat bobby has mentioned before that he is in the lucky position of having a relaxed chain of command above him, and people largely behaving sensibly in public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:
6 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Read more  

As one of the enlightened, (and yet with self-proclaimed respect for CV-19), could you tell the rest of us poor sheep what is really going on please? Tens of thousands of people are literally dying to know the real truth.

Let's hope you get an answer as I've asked serveral times across many of these type of threads and not had one.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s so wrong that so many people seem to acquiesce with absolutely no protest. 

Are you really that surprised? We've watched the whole of the UK bend-over and take whatever we're told by politician during this whole debacle. Today we learned that they are rubbing their hands in glee that we are with the city traders as their making untold millions off of this pandemic. 

To think that the very same people would stand up to ill treatment from the police is a bit of a stretch, no? 

• Confused 1