Covid-19

Ratman

Just now, Rob D said:

It's hard to say if this is positive and depends on your view point.

I don't believe in the vaccines as we don't have enough evidence to say whether they could have worse side effects than the virus itself. Over time we'll know if they are effective and/or if they have serious side effects.

Until then it's hard to have an opinion whether the vaccines are a good thing or not.

No, Im with you on that. I really do not wish to take a rushed through vaccine for something that for the 99.99% of the time will have no affect on me. My Father-in-law has just taken it, his opinion is he'll be dead before any ill effects come to light anyway. I can see that reasoning. When you have to sign a waiver to take it its quite worrying but in my main job I'll have little choice. I'm spending way to much time in quarantine as it is and now the bloody SNP in their bid to out-do Boris has insisted that travelers from every country has to do a 10 day mandatory quarantine in a hotel at a cost of £1750.

Id be far happier taking the the traditional Oxford type vaccine as its a tried and tested method, but admittedly with unknown long term side efects. The Pfizer one is a huge unknown and I really hope its not the once forced on me. 

30 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Hey I'm not saying people aren't making huge amounts of money out of this, of course they are that is obvious. But you aren't saying that are you. You are suggesting that these people are making serious decisions affecting millions with the intention to line their back pockets, that is a completely different thing altogether.

You're free to interpret my comments anyway you see fit. Ive given you my reply and if you still wish you put your own bias on it then feel free. :) 

47 minutes ago, Khriss said:

I wouldnt mind Sime, but this was all gone over last year and sounds the same old by the same old -  nothing not one jot changed anything  :(  K

APPLE.NEWS

More than 40 percent of Britons are struggling financially or suffering poor health, a sharp...

Many many things have changed  in the last few months. There is thankfully a slight willingness on the part of the media and some politicians to question the magic bullet of full on lockdown including latest round of post Xmas restrictions and resultant damage etc. The awareness of the damage to children’s education  and mental well-being is finally starting to be acknowledged as is the actual risk to the vast majority of individuals, end of the day if the posts are of no interest I skip by them 🤷‍♂️simples. I’m sure you have a few back issues of tri mix dreamer lying around to keep you occupied. 👎

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

No, Im with you on that. I really do not wish to take a rushed through vaccine for something that for the 99.99% of the time will have no affect on me. My Father-in-law has just taken it, his opinion is he'll be dead before any ill effects come to light anyway. I can see that reasoning. When you have to sign a waiver to take it its quite worrying but in my main job I'll have little choice. I'm spending way to much time in quarantine as it is and now the bloody SNP in their bid to out-do Boris has insisted that travelers from every country has to do a 10 day mandatory quarantine in a hotel at a cost of £1750.

Id be far happier taking the the traditional Oxford type vaccine as its a tried and tested method, but admittedly with unknown long term side efects. The Pfizer one is a huge unknown and I really hope its not the once forced on me. 
My missus, my mother, my uncle, my sister-in-law ....... have all had their first dose. Non of them had to sign anything as far as I'm aware. They may have and just not mentioned it, but I know for certain that my partner didn't sign a thing. She had the Oxford vaccine.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t apologise for something you didn’t do 🤷‍♂️[emoji849]. There are no medals for occupancy of the moral high ground 🤮🤮
That’s the Hermes Birkin parked for today. 
We've been over this before I'm sure. There's nothing wrong with apologising for poor behaviour. It's just good manners and shows some humility. Something that's sadly missing on here all too often. Nothing to do with moral high ground.
I had to look up the Hermes Birkin btw, probably the first and last time!

2 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Hey I'm not saying people aren't making huge amounts of money out of this, of course they are that is obvious. But you aren't saying that are you. You are suggesting that these people are making serious decisions affecting millions with the intention to line their back pockets, that is a completely different thing altogether.

If you get a chance have a look at the £22 billion the gov spent on track and trace. The companies it went to and their in-direct affiliation with gov. And the shambles it turned out to be.

Because that looks to me very much like these people are making serious decisions affecting millions with the intention to line their back pockets [and those they know].

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

We've been over this before I'm sure. There's nothing wrong with apologising for poor behaviour. It's just good manners and shows some humility. Something that's sadly missing on here all too often. Nothing to do with moral high ground.

Peasant 

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

Nothing was done or said to warrant an apology in reality. As I’ve said before don’t be such a bloody politically correct wet blanket. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rob D said:

If you get a chance have a look at the £22 billion the gov spent on track and trace. The companies it went to and their in-direct affiliation with gov. And the shambles it turned out to be.

Because that looks to me very much like these people are making serious decisions affecting millions with the intention to line their back pockets [and those they know].

I think its more of a personal dig to be honest. Had someone else said as much he'd most likely agreed with the sentiments and then he'd have  Mr Wet Blanket nodding sagely in the background. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Population density and sheer numbers alone are always gonna put England at a disadvantage statistics wise. My point is you have dripped on and criticised every single move that’s been made since this started. You have slated anyone whom disagreed with lockdown as a tool. The number of deaths are as people are starting to see attributable to so  many other factors than just slating government and non mask wearers etc. 

And in contrast for the last however many months you've gone on and on about how you hate lockdown, masks etc etc and attacked anyone who can be bothered to disagree with your point of view despite the likelihood of receiving a barrage of derogatory comments in response. 

I am very willing to criticise the government and their policies when I disagree with them or think they've made difficult decisions at the wrong time. I'm happy to say if I think they've done the right thing (like managing to get their hands on sufficient vaccine stocks for our population, although I don't think this makes up for the cockups in any way). 

When we're in the midst of a third lockdown, arguably each one instigated weeks later than they should have been (according to many scientists) it is surely understandable that criticisms are made. I agree that there are many other factors affecting the death rates, but if Boris & co had made those difficult decisions earlier each time maybe they wouldn't have had to last as long or  resulted in so many hospitalisations or deaths. Maybe if they'd prioritised track and trace, closed borders in Feb/March last year or this year the waves may have been smaller.  They didn't do those things, we can't turn back the clock but a lot of people have died and lost loved ones unnecessarily early as a result of these delayed decisions.

What would you have done to try and reduce the impact of the pandemic on the population of the UK? 

• Like 2