Covid-19

Ratman

5 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Did you see the big boy planer i posted today trigger ??

I sure did! Then quickly averted my eyes so I did not get Planer envy. :D 

There was a nut and bolt restored Dominion 24" Planer round my way recently. One of the Elliot with the Table Saw and Cross Cut. £1200, seemed a bargain to me, looked brand new. I just dont have the space, money or 3ph to run it. :( 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/744753129366434/

Edited by trigger_andy

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I sure did! Then quickly averted my eyes so I did not get Planer envy. :D 

There was a nut and bolt restored Dominion 24" Planer round my way recently. One of the Elliot with the Table Saw and Cross Cut. £1200, seemed a bargain to me, looked brand new. I just dont have the space, money or 3ph to run it. :( 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/744753129366434/

Been done up that has and she is on the old pulley system,Just after the war that would have been built 

Just now, topchippyles said:

Been done up that has and she is on the old pulley system,Just after the war that would have been built 

Is it that old? Started at about £1800 and slowly came down to £1200. Will come down yet. Which is weird as a mate of mine sold the same 24" version, dont know if it was newer, looked the same. For £3000 last year. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Was talking to a Polish guy I know . He is chef and works in a local private hospital . He is/was very fit and looks it also . He caught covid from his girlfriend ( she got a notification on the covid app on her phone )  he went down with it 3 days later .  This was a month or so ago and he still feels he has no energy . Whilst he had it he seemed to waver up and down . One day he would feel really shit , the next day he thought he was over the worst only to feel shit again a day later .  He is no longer infectious ( according to NHS guidlines ) but still suffering with sudden loss of energy . This I presume is " long covid " ? 

On 05/05/2020 at 13:37, tree-fancier123 said:

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has overtaken Italy to report the highest official death toll from coronavirus in Europe with more than 32,000 deaths, figures released on Tuesday showed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good mate of mine, 57, has been in hospital just coming up to 3 weeks now. Still on oxygen, luckily off the drip now.

always fit and healthy, non smoker, not overweight or a big drinker. His kids in 20s had it, bounced back, his missus had it bad but just like flu and now recovered. 
he walked up the corridor 20m with physiotherapist and said it knocked him out for rest of the day, 25 minutes to clean his teeth and have a shave.

just praying he gets over it and home again.

self employed like many of us so could be a long time with no income/sick pay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3