Covid-19

Ratman

I know this works cos spent a year fuel wood chipping huge barn sized volumes (  i was smoking heavily at that point unfiltered rollups) young guy with me was coughing like fvvk most days from the spores off the woodchip, i had no bother  😕  the nicotine would kill the fungal infection, is also why plant nurseys cuttings bench will not let smokers do cuttings without surgical gloves on.  K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

plant nurseys cuttings bench will not let smokers do cuttings without surgical gloves on.

I quit some years ago but as a smoker I grafted plenty of trees without gloves, usually 100% successfully.

My Grandpa always said it would give virus to tomatoes if you were a smoker, that wasn't true either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Aye that's why they don't discuss it now in case folk take up smoking. 

They certainly won't promote it if it does have some positive effects!

My Mrs was involved with this kind of research years ago.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Pregnant teenagers are deliberately smoking in the hope of having smaller...

14 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

I quit some years ago but as a smoker I grafted plenty of trees without gloves, usually 100% successfully.

My Grandpa always said it would give virus to tomatoes if you were a smoker, that wasn't true either.

No. Nursey cuttings like flowers n stuff, tree grafting much bigger orgamism. More resilient than little cutting. K

16F9486E-351A-4A09-8E2B-5A2B379BAE0A.jpeg

Just out of interest, would anyone know about the pandemic if it hadn't been on the telly etc? If it had been around for a few months before starring on tv, did any of you notice? I didn't and I don't know anyone who did and to be honest I still wouldn't be aware of it. Around here everyone is well and kind of going about life as normal as they can. Should be dropping like flies by now, perhaps just lucky? Just wondering like. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, woodwizzard said:

Just out of interest, would anyone know about the pandemic if it hadn't been on the telly etc? If it had been around for a few months before starring on tv, did any of you notice? I didn't and I don't know anyone who did and to be honest I still wouldn't be aware of it. Around here everyone is well and kind of going about life as normal as they can. Should be dropping like flies by now, perhaps just lucky? Just wondering like. 

Says he from the dark side of the moon 😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, woodwizzard said:

I wish I could say the same, I really do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Stubby said:

Was talking to a Polish guy I know . He is chef and works in a local private hospital . He is/was very fit and looks it also . He caught covid from his girlfriend ( she got a notification on the covid app on her phone )  he went down with it 3 days later .  This was a month or so ago and he still feels he has no energy . Whilst he had it he seemed to waver up and down . One day he would feel really shit , the next day he thought he was over the worst only to feel shit again a day later .  He is no longer infectious ( according to NHS guidlines ) but still suffering with sudden loss of energy . This I presume is " long covid " ? 

This is how I “recovered” from Covid. Just walked the dog having felt no effects for about a week now and horrible tight chest again about half way round the walk. It’s not like I went that far only 3 k or so in total. I was allegedly not infectious on New Year’s Eve. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know two fit arb circa 35 yr old customers who got it and it stuffed them for a month + before they could do a days work, one other customer had a 50 yr old fit friend he lost to it. 

I liken it to Russian roulette, the young play with perhaps one bullet and the elderly with 4 bullets in a 6 chamber revolver. The latest variant seems to be taking out younger people and we don't know what the ongoing mutations will do. 

I think if I hear "it is like flu" again, I will scream!! The death rate just doesn't concur that at all.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, woodwizzard said:

I'm getting sick to the back teeth of reading shite like this.

Earlier today I was listening to medical staff who are going through hell dealing with this horror, one has since resigned after 19 years as an intensive care nurse, she simply could not cope any longer.

One consultant said one of the worst things was people undermining the seriousness of the situation.

People who have not been directly affected by this pandemic should count their blessing and keep their moronic tinpot conspiracy theories to themselves, IMHO,

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1