Temporary traffic lights - most pointless

Squaredy

Well the contractors have all buggered off with their plant (for the weekend I guess).  But the lights remain.  The queue today eastbound was about a mile, and that was before rush hour hit.

203260D6-1BC2-4F4F-BD99-7C847282405F.thumb.jpeg.e86affed11c1fc7b2749d48f32f649b7.jpeg
As you can see there is no work going on in the road at all - it is just convenient access for plant to get to the field next door.

I don’t get how the council seem to think that allowing contractors to use a super busy road as a vehicle park is a balanced approach.  I had a look at the entrance to the field where the contractors are working today.  It has a really wide entrance with a good size hard track.  I recon they could have hired about 100m of temporary road and done it all in the field.  It might have needed stop go signs for a few minutes to reverse the low loader in each time but no more than that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

Well the contractors have all buggered off with their plant (for the weekend I guess).  But the lights remain.  The queue today eastbound was about a mile, and that was before rush hour hit.

Some naughty people would push the cones and lights out the way since the guys have gone for the weekend :ph34r:

When I see the welsh bilingual signs like that I wonder was there some little old man who can't speak (or read) a word of english, who would come up to a red light and not know he had to stop infront of it, so they had to put up the translation :laugh1:

Up here the ambulances have a gaelic translation on them, just incase you didn't know what it was.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stere said:

Welsh nationalists would be up in arms if  any signs aren't bilingual  it has to be by law with the welsh first.

And yet many signs are still English only.  Actually the Welsh first part depends where you live.  My area (Gwent) is English first.  Predominantly Welsh speaking areas it is Welsh first.

12 minutes ago, Stere said:

I thought it was "the law" & was  just that the older ones had not  being replaced yet, & any new ones had to be welsh on top?

WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK

The Welsh Language (Wales) Measure 2011 (nawm 1) (“the 2011 Measure”) makes provision for the specification of...

image.png.10d99000e6b43c1873181f8f25dfe74f.png

You may be right, but there certainly are plenty of signs in English only.